AUBURN HILLS, Mich., July 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Free application now available for download from Apple® iTunes
- New FIAT Source app offers touch-based experience showcasing 2012 Fiat 500 and an interactive catalog
- Premiere Art & Design issue features galleries from four emerging artists, including an active graffiti artist, a 17-year old professional photographer, a painter and sculptor, and an illustrator
- App available for download to Apple iPad users
- Updated quarterly, FIAT Source to launch Fashion issue this fall
The FIAT brand, continuing to engage customers in new and innovative ways, now puts even more electronic information at their fingertips with a free, new Apple® iPad application.
The "FIAT Source" touch-based application digitally showcases the new 2012 Fiat 500 vehicle line and is free to the public to download to their iPad device from iTunes. The premiere Art & Design issue features a gallery installment of four talented emerging artists that, like the FIAT brand, celebrate modern art, technology and design revival.
"The FIAT brand is dedicated to providing customers a unique, personalized brand experience, and the FIAT Source application is a modern way to do just that," said Laura Soave, Head of FIAT Brand North America. "The FIAT Source app is another example of how we are better connecting with our Fiat 500 owners and fans, responding to their needs and interests and growing our relationship with them."
FIAT Source Application Features
This new FIAT brand information app will include an interactive 2012 Fiat 500 vehicle catalog that displays detailed 360-degree images, colorizer, videos and product information, as well as an accessories customization function.
Designed to stay fresh, FIAT Source will feature additional chapters, new consumer lifestyle stories and iPad-specific interaction – such as a historical design timeline of the iconic Fiat 500 vehicle. Scheduled to renew quarterly, FIAT Source issues will include music, entertainment, fashion, travel and art. With unique wallpaper and personal sketch downloads, the app creates an iPad studio of engaging customized content that is exclusive to the FIAT brand experience.
Summer 2011 Issue: Art & Design
Continuing the FIAT Brand's tie to artistic expression, the premiere FIAT Source issue highlights four emerging artists who create their work in uniquely different ways, including:
- A Detroit based graffiti artist and community member who started painting the streets when graffiti was nowhere to be found in the city. He has worked on many events with the FIAT Brand
- A 17-year old professional photographer who started her professional career in middle school. She also captured the 2012 Fiat 500 catalog's lifestyle images
- An emerging artist whose style has evolved from animation study, to line drawing, to computer scanning and illustration, to painting and sculpture. He was also the first artist to paint the Fiat 500 art car at the Motor Village of LA Studio grand opening
- A member of Public School, an Austin based collective comprised of designers, illustrators, and photographers – this artist prefers an ink pen and paper for sketching and has used his talents on one of the FIAT art cars.
About the 2012 Fiat 500
With beautiful Italian styling, timeless functionality, fuel efficiency and innovative technology – the same attributes that made the original version an icon – the 2012 Fiat 500 is relevant for an entirely new generation of drivers.
The 2012 Fiat 500 offers high levels of safety, fuel economy, quality and advanced technology. With its city-friendly four-passenger size, engaging driving dynamics, all-new fuel-efficient 1.4-liter MultiAir® engine with eco:Drive™ Application, state-of-the-art TomTom® Navigation with BLUE&ME™ Handsfree Communication technology and seven standard air bags, the new Fiat 500 offers a driving and ownership experience unlike anything available today. This package is further enhanced with new quality and refinement adaptations for the U.S. market, including an all-new six-speed automatic transmission.
Every 2012 Fiat 500 includes FIAT FORWARD CARE™ – a standard four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, four years of unlimited roadside assistance and a three-year/36,000-mile maintenance program that includes wear-and-tear items.
The reintroduction of the FIAT brand in North America is led by the modern generation of the Fiat 500, now joined by the Fiat 500 Cabrio.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC