SYRACUSE, N.Y., Aug. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Fidelis Care has been a mainstay at The Great New York State Fair for 7 years, and this year, the health plan will offer free hearing screenings for seniors and free vision screenings for kids of any age. Fidelis Care will be on-site during all 13 days of the Fair with an exciting series of events designed to benefit the entire family. Each day, Representatives will be available at Fidelis Care's booth in front of the Art and Home Center to answer questions about health insurance and help eligible residents apply for enrollment.
Senior Days, August 27/28:
- Fidelis Care is a major supporter of Senior Days at the New York State Fair, with free hearing screenings offered on Tuesday, August 28 from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Youth Day, August 30:
- Fidelis Care is the exclusive sponsor of Youth Day and will provide families with healthy school lunch ideas and a free lunch tote.
Student Day, August 31:
- Fidelis Care will give away over 10,000 free school supplies to help families prepare for the start of the new school year. Fidelis Care Representatives will give cross body backpacks, notebooks and pencils to children beginning at 10 AM at Fidelis Care's booth.
- Fidelis Care will also offer free student vision screenings provided by Davis Vision and Empire Visionworks from 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Fidelis Care is once again supporting the Adopt-a-Family program, which provides local, low-income families with free admission to the Fair as well as food and entertainment vouchers.
"Fidelis Care looks forward to expanding our presence at the fair and to meeting local residents as well as families from across New York State," said Chief Member Engagement Officer Pam Hassen. "Each year, we strive to provide fair goers with new programs and services that promote wellness and support those most in need. We are grateful for this opportunity."
"We are very pleased to renew our partnership with Fidelis Care as it continues to provide significant benefits to our fairgoers. From health and vision screenings to assistance for youngsters heading back to school, I encourage everyone to take advantage of the offerings from Fidelis Care," said Troy Waffner, Acting Fair Director.
About Fidelis Care:
Fidelis Care is a mission-driven health plan offering quality, affordable coverage for children and adults of all ages and at all stages of life. With more than 1.7 million members Statewide, Fidelis Care believes that all New Yorkers should have access to affordable, quality health insurance. For more information, call Fidelis Care at 1-888-FIDELIS (1-888-343-3547) or visit fideliscare.org.
Follow us on Twitter at @fideliscare and on Facebook at facebook.com/fideliscare.
Contact: Allie Abbate, Public Relations Manager, [email protected], (716) 564-6295
SOURCE Fidelis Care