NEW YORK, April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SkyBridge Capital (SkyBridge), a global alternative investment firm, today announced that registration for the invitation-only SkyBridge Alternatives "SALT" Conference, taking place May 7-10, 2013 at the Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, has closed early. With approximately 1,800 attendees, SALT's registrant pool is primarily represented by investors that allocate to alternative assets, as well as hedge fund managers and other alternative investment industry participants.
"SALT aims to provide a forum for creative and alternative thinking. It is also ideological, but in a bi-partisan format. We put investors, fund managers and some of the sharpest minds in the world, from disparate backgrounds, in the same room and hopefully have some fun in the process," said Anthony Scaramucci, managing partner at SkyBridge Capital. "In our fifth year, we promise the content will be fresh. We have gathered the world's top thought leaders and investment luminaries, scientists and doctors, decorated military heroes, Hollywood movie directors and Academy award-winning actors to share their best practices for leadership and innovation in business."
Panel session topics, notable speakers and other events slated for SALT include:
- Investment topics focused on global macro-economic trends, opportunities in credit, challenges for institutional investors, the art of activist and distressed investing and general trends for hedge fund investing;
- One-on-one interviews with legendary investment managers Daniel Loeb, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Third Point, LLC, John Paulson, President & Portfolio Manager, Paulson & Co. Inc. and Sam Zell, Chairman, Equity Group Investments;
- A Conversation with Prime Minister Ehud Barak, Prime Minister of Israel (1999-2001) & Most Decorated Soldier in Israel's History, and Secretary Leon Panetta, Secretary of Defense (2011-2013), Director, Central Intelligence Agency (2009-2011) and Co-Founder, Panetta Institute for Public Policy;
- Special presentation by Coach Mike Krzyzewski, Head Coach, Duke Men's Basketball & Hall of Famer;
- Interviews with Al Pacino, Award-Winning Actor, and Oliver Stone, Writer & Director;
- Evening entertainment by Grammy-Award Winning band TRAIN; and
- Cycle for Survival, an indoor team cycling event to raise money and help more than 200,000 Americans beat rare forms of cancer.
To follow event updates and news from the conference, follow @SALTConference on Twitter. The full agenda is available at www.saltconference.com.
About SALT and SkyBridge Capital
The SkyBridge Alternatives (SALT) Conference is committed to facilitating balanced discussions and debates on macro-economic trends, geo-political events and alternative investment opportunities within the context of a dynamic global economy. With thought leaders, business professionals, hedge fund managers and investors from approximately 40 countries and 6 continents, the SALT Conference provides an unmatched opportunity for attendees from around the world to connect with global leaders and network with industry peers. In addition to the flagship SALT Conference which takes place in Las Vegas every May, the second annual SALT Asia will take place at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, September 24-27, 2013.
SALT is produced by SkyBridge Capital, an alternative investment firm with $7.4 billion in total assets under advisement or management as of February 28, 2013. The firm provides investment management products, portfolio management and advisory services addressing every type of market participant. SkyBridge offers investment services for commingled funds of hedge funds products, customized separate account portfolios and hedge fund advisory services. Headquartered in New York, the firm also has a presence in Zurich, Switzerland.
SOURCE SkyBridge Capital