MIAMI, Jan. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrity Cruises has partnered with digital trailblazer Randi Zuckerberg as part of a year-long campaign to "Take Care of YourSelfie." The modern luxury cruise brand has revealed a unique program curated by Zuckerberg to encourage guests to find a tech-life balance while on vacation. Launching today, the first part of the program is a new lineup of specially designed spa treatments and services available at Canyon Ranch SpaClub onboard Celebrity's modern luxury ships beginning February 2015.
Zuckerberg, Editor-in-Chief of Dot Complicated, an online website that navigates the ever-evolving universe of technology and social media, curated the one-of-a-kind program to inspire vacationers to take a break from their daily dose of technology and recharge.
As a pioneer in the tech-life balance movement, Zuckerberg encourages the importance of finding time for one's self, both online and off. "The digital revolution has changed and enriched every facet of our lives, and now more than ever, it is essential for us to find a healthy tech-life balance," says Zuckerberg. "Celebrity Cruises is a leader in providing relaxing and restorative vacations, and by partnering with them, I hope to inspire moments of logging off and shutting down for a few hours or even a day. We want guests to explore ways to embrace a balance that complements their lifestyle onboard and at home."
"When I heard Randi talk about Take Care of YourSelfie, I realized I was a perfect candidate for this program," says Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. "Like so many of our guests, I live a connected, always-on life, with a great reliance on technology. Randi's fresh approach helps bring balance back into our lives, and is another way to make sure our guests enjoy a relaxing, restorative vacation."
Lutoff-Perlo added: "The new program perfectly complements our luxurious accommodations, award-winning dining, rich destination experiences and intuitive service. I can't wait to sign up for one of the treatments."
As the first installment of the new, exclusive Take Care of YourSelfie program, the spa treatments and services curated by Zuckerberg will be available onboard Celebrity ships at Canyon Ranch SpaClub operated by Canyon Ranch – leaders in spa and wellness:
- "fACEial Time" (Environ Ultimate Vitamin Therapy): This facial is designed to effectively treat a wide range of skin care needs related to staring at computer and tablet screens. This facial provides intense penetration of active ingredients – including skin-nourishing antioxidants, peptides and vitamins A, C and E – for visible results.
- "InstaGlow" (Detoxifying Ritual with Signature Add-On): A detoxifying 100-minute ritual with a signature add-on creates an intense, therapeutic transformation. The Red Flower cleansing body scrub includes coffee, olive stones and fresh lemons as well as rich rhassoul clay to draw out impurities. Guests can set the intention add-on at the beginning to take time to disconnect and be in the moment for this rejuvenating treatment.
- "Get wrAPPed" (Seaweed Peat Wrap): This VOYA organic seaweed peat body wrap treats a variety of skin and rheumatic conditions and increases detoxification by mixing seaweed extracts with micronized peat. The treatment is richly infused with trace elements, vitamins, carbohydrates, polyphenols, lipids, and humic acid to help drain toxic substances from the body.
- "Texticure" (Hands So Soft Manicure): A warm paraffin manicure hydrates dry skin, softens cuticles and soothes aching joints like nothing else. This beauty treatment combines nail polishing and buffing with skin softening and moisturizing. The entire hand is dipped in paraffin wax to seal in softness and moisture. This experience is the perfect treat for hands always texting and responding to emails.
- "Control ALT Delight" (Unique yoga experience with T-Spheres): This mind-body yoga workout features T-Spheres to help stretch and flex out of the workstation slump or texting crouch. The pressure-point experience facilitates unwinding with quiet, precise movements that corrects poor body alignment, increases flexibility, relieves mental stress and promotes restorative sleep.
In 2014, Celebrity Cruises partnered with Canyon Ranch to unveil the largest and most comprehensive Canyon Ranch SpaClub at Sea offering onboard its luxurious ships. The state-of-the-art facilities include spa, beauty, wellness, and fitness amenities, with signature Canyon Ranch offerings and those exclusive to Celebrity.
About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers' precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 11 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity is one of six cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent.
SOURCE Celebrity Cruises