LOS GATOS, Calif., Nov. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Wanderful Media™, the company behind Find&Save®, today released insights on how shoppers research and plan for their holiday shopping, and in particular, the role that mobile devices play in that process. Key findings include:
Mobile Shopping Apps Are Popular
- 40% of the holiday shoppers surveyed use mobile shopping apps.
- About 30% of the rest would consider using one this holiday season.
More Than Half Interested in Mobile Sale Alerts
- 51% of the shoppers are very interested in receiving mobile notifications regarding holiday deals and sales.
- 20% of them have already signed up to receive mobile sale alerts.
Most Willing to Submit Receipts for Rebates
- 79% of the shoppers would be motivated to take a photo of their receipts with a mobile phone and submit it for a rebate of $20 or less.
- 86% of these shoppers would do it for a rebate of $10 or less in fact.
Significant Increase in Researching Sales Using Websites and Apps
- Compared to last year, there is a 70% increase in the number of shoppers that prefer using websites and apps to research latest holiday deals.
Majority Use Mobile Phones to Help with Shopping
- 77% of the shoppers use their mobile phones while shopping. Finding nearby store locations, comparing prices, browsing circulars and finding out about sales in nearby stores are the top ways in which shoppers use their phones to aid their shopping efforts.
About the survey
Provided opinion data is based on an AYTM survey of 1000 Americans aged 18+ who plan to spend at least $100 on holiday shopping this year. Survey was balanced by regions according to US Census and completed on October 10, 2014. You can access full stats report here: aytm.com/stats/BF2014.
About Wanderful Media
Wanderful Media owns and operates Find&Save, a comprehensive collection of local sales available on FindnSave.com and on newspaper sites across the country. Find&Save is also available on apps for iOS and Android mobile phones and tablets. More information can be found at findnsave.com/apps.
Wanderful Media is an independent company financed by Advance Digital, A. H. Belo Corporation, Community Newspaper Holdings Inc., Cox Media Group, The E. W. Scripps Company, Gannett Co., Inc., GateHouse Media, Inc., Graham Holdings Co., Hearst Corporation, Lee Enterprises, MediaNews Group and The McClatchy Company.
Libra White, [email protected]
SOURCE Wanderful Media