NEW YORK, Jan. 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Finn Partners today released its annual 2019 Food & Beverage Beat, a report of US food and beverage trends that are "hot" and "not." The new issue shares insights from eight industry thought leaders on consumer interests that might influence the 2019 US food & beverage industry.
"Consumer trends are evolving daily, challenging food and beverage brands to keep up with developing demands and anticipate what lies around the curve," said Malisa Meresman, partner at Finn Partners. "By taking the pulse of the industry via thought leaders around the country, we hope to arm its many players with important insights that can help shape their strategies and position them for success."
Some of the themes we expect will continue to gain traction in 2019 include:
- A focus on gut health, simple approaches to food preparation and eliminating unnecessary sugars. Get ready for more fermentation front-and-center on store shelves.
- More on-the-go options that fit into consumers' lifestyles and wellness goals, from healthy fast food and ready-to-drink coffees to counter-service establishments that deliver quality dishes to-go. It's all about instant gratification without unhealthy compromises.
- A demand for more vegetable-forward and plant-based dishes at restaurants and among home cooks. Expect plant-based innovation to make a mark on menus and beyond.
- An uptick in enotourism, as consumers seek to learn more about wine and the many wine-producing regions around the world, and in travel that incorporates hands-on experiences, providing explorers with an opportunity to help create or contribute. Wine is both a part of consumers' lifestyles and a way for them to explore the world.
- Low and no-proof drinks, (even) more craft beer brewing and a renewed focus on herbs from brands and bartenders. Just some of the ways that consumers prefer to get their buzz on (or not).
- And known for its natural ability to help in relaxation, CBD is expected to become less stigmatized and more accessible nationwide. Look for CBD oil shots and hand-crafted CBD infused cocktails at your local bar and coffee shop.
The 2019 Food & Beverage Beat expert panel included:
- Keri Glassman, MS, RD, CDN, a celebrity nutritionist, healthy cooking expert and wellness thought-leader. The founder and CEO of Nutritious Life and The Nutritious Life Studio, she authored four bestselling books and is a contributor to various media outlets.
- John Mariani, an author and journalist of 45 years standing. A three-time nominee for the James Beard Journalism Award and author of several highly regarded books on food in America, he now writes for ForbesLife.
- Tarah Chieffi, a nutritionist on a mission to educate and empower families to find true health and happiness through real food education, simple recipes, and practical kitchen tips and tricks. She is a freelance writer and an author.
- Mia Syn, MS, RDN, a Registered Dietitian, on-air nutrition expert and host of Good Food Friday on ABC Charleston. Her content serves as a healthy lifestyle resource for millions of television viewers and readers around the globe.
- Chef Michael Stanton, head chef at Currents at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, one of Bend, Oregon's most iconic hotels and restaurants. Classically trained, he creates contemporary interpretations of classic French cuisine from curated local ingredients.
- Samantha Chulick, head of PR for Stumptown Coffee in Portland, Oregon, and a former LANE executive. With a passion for food and drink, she honed her skills writing for Santa Barbara Magazine and Sunset Magazine, among others.
- Whitney Adams, an on-camera host, actor and former sommelier. In 2014, she launched the Whitney A. Channel on YouTube, merging her on-camera background with her wine knowledge and garnering 43,000 subscribers in the process.
- Chef Bao Bao, trained at The French Culinary Institute and recognized by Zagat as one of New York's "30 Under 30" culinary rising stars in 2015. She was a contestant in Esquire Network's "Knife Fight" and on Food Network's "Beat Bobby Flay."
About Finn Partners, Inc.
Founded in 2011 on the core principles of innovation and collaborative partnership, Finn Partners has grown four-fold in just seven years, becoming one of the fastest growing independent public relations agencies in the world. The full-service marketing and communications company's record setting pace is a result of organic growth and integrating new companies and new people into the FINN world through a common philosophy. With 650 professionals, FINN provides its clients with global access and capabilities in the U.S., Europe and Asia, in addition to PROI Worldwide. Headquartered in New York, FINN's other offices are located in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Shanghai, Singapore and Washington D.C. Find us at finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @finnpartners.
SOURCE Finn Partners