BOSTON, April 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Recognizing the unique position Massachusetts holds within the global medical device community, two of the most respected organizations in the New England medtech community, BIOMEDevice Boston and the Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council (MassMEDIC), have partnered to celebrate the region's medical device industry as part of the 1st Annual Massachusetts Medtech Week. This celebration will take place May 6-7, 2015 at the Boston Convention Center in Boston. For more information on this event, please visit: BIOMEDboston.com.
"With the recent wave of medtech innovation coming out of the Massachusetts area, this is the perfect time to formally recognize the businesses and organizations that are so vital to the industry," said Thomas Sommer, President, MassMEDIC. "We're excited to partner with BIOMEDevice Boston on what I hope becomes an annual celebration," he added.
Highlights of Massachusetts Medtech Week celebration include:
- A meeting between Massachusetts Speaker of the House Robert DeLeo and leaders from MassMEDIC and UBM Canon
- A joint MassMEDIC/BIOMEDevice keynote address by Dean Kamen, Founder of DEKA Research & Development Corporation, on May 6th in the BIOMEDevice Center Stage, open to all event attendees and exhibitors
- The 19th Annual MassMEDIC Conference, covering the latest innovations and trends affecting the Massachusetts medical device industry
- Medical device focused BIOMEDevice Boston content, including sessions on wireless medical devices, medtech design innovation, and 3D printing for medtech
- The BIOMEDevice Boston exhibition, featuring two full days of networking, product design innovation, and educational opportunities under one roof
Attendees of BIOMEDevice Boston and the MassMEDIC Conference will also have access to five design and manufacturing expos running alongside each other at the event: Design & Manufacturing New England, Electronics New England, PLASTEC New England, Quality Expo Showcase and the Embedded Systems Demo Hall. For more information and to register for BIOMEDevice Boston, please visit: BIOMEDboston.com .
About UBM Canon
UBM Canon is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media company for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. UBM Canon is part of UBM plc (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B-to-B communities and markets.
The Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council, an organization of 330 manufacturers, suppliers, research institutions, and academic health centers, promotes the unique interests of the Bay State's growing and vibrant medical device sector. Through a variety of programs, informational seminars, advocacy campaigns and other projects, MassMEDIC provides medical device manufacturers and suppliers with information on industry trends and regulatory policies, and creates forums that allow members to exchange ideas and information on issues affecting the industry. For more information on MassMEDIC, please contact us at (617) 414-1340, or visit our web site at www.massmedic.com.
SOURCE UBM Canon