NEW YORK, March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading entertainment and lifestyle retailer, HSN, is proud to announce the five finalists selected as part of its Project American Dreams initiative. The finalists will launch their products during a special edition of The Monday Night Show with Adam Freeman on March 13, 2017 at 6 p.m. EST.
HSN teamed up with award-winning entrepreneur and Dreamers Ventures creator Liliana "Lili" Gil Valletta and Bob Circosta, "TV's Billion Dollar Man," to search for new and exciting products from Latino/a entrepreneurs to launch on HSN. Project American Dreams is part of HSN's American Dreams program to cultivate entrepreneurs and introduce new products to market.
The five finalists were selected from nearly 100 applicants for the opportunity to launch their products on HSN and reach a national audience. On March 13th, 92 million American households will be able to tune in and buy these innovative products.
The selected Project American Dreams top five finalists are:
- Hipatia López (Saddle Brook, NJ), created the patented invention the Empanada/Pastry Fork, making it up to five times faster to shape and seal anything from empanadas to calzones, apple turnovers and more.
- Juan Luis Pedro Sánchez (Madrid, Spain) created the patented KeepFresh Sheets, offering a natural and chemical-free way to extend the shelf life of fruits and vegetables, keeping fruits fresher longer.
- Frances Prado (Jamul, California) created the patented Hanging Secrets, offering women a new solution to hang, organize, protect and find their lingerie at home or on the go.
- Victoria Flores (New York, NY), co-created the patent-pending Lux Beauty Club's GLAM-N-GO Hair Bun, providing natural and inexpensive off-the-shelf hair buns and hair extensions uniquely constructed to fit and match almost any hair color.
- James and Kathryn Smith (Dallas, Texas) co-created the patented Giraffe Razor Extension Handle, offering a solution to people limited in flexibility and mobility by adding 15 to 20 inches to a razor handle and an easy pivoting head that rotates for personalization and convenience.
The finalists, who hail from across the U.S. and Spain have spent the past weeks preparing to launch their product live before 92 million households.
Delivering a compelling pitch is not the only element to entrepreneurial success, and U.S. Bank, the presenting sponsor, has been there alongside the winners, providing specialized mentoring to each finalist. U.S. Bank has a strong commitment to small-businesses as the third-largest lender of Small Business Administration loans in the country, providing $838 million in SBA loans during fiscal 2016.
U.S. Bank will sponsor the winners for a chance to attend the Stanford Latino Entrepreneur Leaders Program (SLEP), if qualified and take part in an immersive six-week program that provides the education, networks, mentorship and access to capital to grow their business. If qualified, up to three winners will be selected to participate in the Access Latina women-entrepreneur accelerator program, and one winner will receive a cash prize by U.S. Bank, as part of a social media challenge that rewards the contestant with the most hashtag votes via Twitter and Instagram.
For more information about Project American Dreams, please visit ProjectAmericanDreams.com and its social channels:
Instagram: dreamersventures and Twitter: @DreamersVenture
Join The Conversation #HSNProjectAmericanDreams.
HSN is a leading entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts live to approximately 92 million households in the US 24/7 and its website - hsn.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, founded 40 years ago as the first home shopping network, is an operating segment of HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSNI). For more information, please visit www.HSN.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
About U.S. Bancorp:
Minneapolis-based U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $446 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2016, is the parent company of U.S. Bank National Association, the fifth largest commercial bank in the United States. The company operates 3,106 banking offices in 25 states and 4,842 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at www.usbank.com.
Dreamers Ventures is an alliance of investors, mentors and resources committed to fuel Latino business growth. With a focus on product innovation, this accelerator was co-founded by award-winning entrepreneur Liliana Gil Valletta, entrepreneur, investor and digital expert Enrique Arbelaez, and is supported by industry leaders like the legendary "TV's Billion Dollar Man" and author of the best selling book "Life is a Pitch", Bob Circosta, among other experts. Signature programs launched and managed by Dreamers Ventures include HSN's Project American Dreams, a business competition that discovers, mentors, and fast tracks Latino entrepreneurs to launch their products live on HSN.