BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- For many of us, the pinnacle of warm-weather months is the highly-anticipated vacation, but what we don't account for is the dreaded slump after returning home from our great escapes. To learn more about women's post-vacation experiences, Kellogg Company and Braun Research fielded a phone survey of 500 U.S. women, 45 and older, in early 2010, and the results were obvious to the Kellogg's® All-Bran® brand team. According to a recent survey of 500 women(1):
- Nearly three-quarters (71 percent) of women 45 and older in the United States, say they have felt tired, bloated or heavy post-vacation;
- More than half (56 percent) agree they don't always feel rejuvenated after the break; and
- 46 percent say being on, or returning from, vacation makes them feel sluggish.
As suspected, the data indicates that women didn't receive the needed rest and relaxation women sought. A week-long break in both routine and healthy eating habits can take a toll on the body, and that's where All-Bran® cereals can help—by kick-starting your post-vacation menu.
"An excellent way to get back into your routine, and feel better in the meantime, is to incorporate fiber back into your diet on a regular basis. Starting a plan like the All-Bran 7-Day Promise™ is a simple way to feel better within just a week after returning from vacation," said Cheryl Dolven, registered dietitian and Kellogg Company director of nutrition marketing. "You can easily include a serving of All-Bran in nearly any dish you put together—from breakfast and lunch, to dinner and dessert—and Kellogg's has made this even easier by developing many recipes that use All-Bran, including five new warm-weather inspired dishes."
The makers of Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereals have put together five ways to help bounce back from vacation excess. Putting a positive twist on classic recipes, these five must-try dishes can help get the body back on track, so consumers don't feel bloated and sluggish.
- Lemon Poppy Seed Snack Cake: This recipe offers a double dose of lemon—lemon yogurt and lemon peel. If you like, add a dollop of whipped topping and a sprinkling of fresh berries to every piece.
- All-Bran™ Chicken Satay with Dipping Sauce: Strips of boneless chicken breast, skewered, breaded with Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal and spices, baked and served with Thai Chili Sauce, Thai Peanut Sauce, or Spicy Tomato Ketchup for dipping.
- "Fried" Green Tomatoes: Sliced green tomatoes breaded with Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete Wheat Flakes cereal and baked.
- Fancy Tart: In the mood for an elegant dessert? Try this tart filled with tangy lemon yogurt and topped with juicy nectarines, black cherries and exotic kiwi fruit.
- Fruit Crisp: Apricots and blueberries tossed with cinnamon, topped with Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal, brown sugar and walnuts, and baked.
Seven Days to a Better-Feeling You
Taking the All-Bran 7-Day Promise™(2) is a simple way to incorporate the daily fiber your body needs: 25 grams of fiber for most adult women and 38 grams of fiber for most adult men. The five warm weather-inspired recipes include All-Bran® Original cereal, All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal and All-Bran® Bran Buds cereal. Additionally, All-Bran® offers more than 400 great recipes at All-Bran.com. The All-Bran 7-Day Promise™ has no complicated meal plans, nor does it require calorie counting; simply incorporate one serving of Kellogg's® All-Bran® into your diet per day, for seven days.
Consumers who complete the All-Bran 7-Day Promise™ may see improvements in overall digestive health, including changes in regularity, feeling as if they have more energy and less bloating and sluggishness. With four varieties of All-Bran® cereal and new All-Bran™ recipes, there are plenty of tasty ways to fit fiber into your diet. Learn more about the All-Bran 7-Day Promise™ at www.All-Bran.com
(1) Phone survey of 500 American women age 45 and older in the United States. The survey was conducted by Braun Research between January 28-31, 2010, by a mix of land and cellular phones. The margin of error is +/- 4.4 percent.
(2) All-Bran® cereal, as a part of a high fiber diet, helps promote digestive health.
About Kellogg Company
With 2009 sales of nearly $13 billion, Kellogg Company is the world's leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods, including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, fruit-flavored snacks, frozen waffles and veggie foods. The Company's brands include Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Pop-Tarts®, Eggo®, Cheez-It®, All-Bran®, Mini-Wheats®, Nutri-Grain®, Rice Krispies®, Special K®, Chips Deluxe®, Famous Amos®, Sandies®, Austin®, Club®, Murray®, Kashi®, Bear Naked®, Morningstar Farm®, Gardenburger® and Stretch Island®. Kellogg products are manufactured in 18 countries and marketed in more than 180 countries. For more information, visit www.kelloggcompany.com/CR. Kellogg's Corporate Responsibility report including its approach, progress and future direction in the marketplace, workplace, environment and community can be found at www.kelloggcompany.com/CR. For information on Kellogg Company's commitment to nutrition, visit www.kelloggsnutrition.com.
SOURCE Kellogg Company