DUBLIN and BOSTON, Sept. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Fleetmatics Group PLC (NYSE: FLTX), a leading global provider of mobile workforce solutions for service-based businesses of all sizes delivered as software-as-a-service (SaaS), today announced that the Company was named Public Company of the Year by the Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) during its 2015 Technology Leadership Awards. The awards recognize the significant contributions of innovative companies that are changing the world by solving real problems and, in the process, continually invigorating the Massachusetts economy.
Fleetmatics is one of the best performing SaaS companies in the world delivering innovative workforce management solutions for small, mid-sized and enterprise businesses. Fleetmatics' intuitive, cost-effective Web-based solutions provide fleet operators with visibility into vehicle location, fuel usage, speed and mileage, and other insights into their mobile workforce, enabling them to reduce operating costs and increase revenue.
"The MassTLC Technology Leadership Awards are one of the most coveted and prestigious awards in the Massachusetts technology community. We are truly honored to be named Public Company of the Year, and recognized alongside the state's most elite innovators," said Jim Travers, Fleetmatics Chairman and CEO. "Fleetmatics continues to experience rapid growth through significant global expansion, investment in industry-leading technology and strategic acquisitions. We are committed to delivering software-based solutions that enable businesses in Massachusetts, and across the world to improve their mobile workforce operations."
The Company has grown dramatically over the last year. Recent highlights include:
- Significant growth of its subscriber base by 125,000 vehicle subscriptions to 625,000 as of June 30, 2015 – now serving the needs of approximately 29,000 customers throughout the world.
- The Company grew total revenues by 31% in 2014 to $231.6 million and recently announced the second quarter of 2015 results with revenue of $68.6 million, an increase of 24% year over year.
- Building off of its early base of operations in the UK, Ireland and the United States, Fleetmatics has expanded its global footprint into Australia, Canada, Mexico, the Netherlands and most recently France and Chile.
- An increase in its employee base by approximately 27% in 2014 and, through the first six months of 2015, another 29% in 2015.
- The Company has significantly expanded its product capabilities, evolving its fleet management offerings for small and medium sized businesses to a robust suite of mobile workforce solutions for fleets of all sizes. Fleetmatics REVEAL, Fleetmatics REVEAL+ and Fleetmatics WORK incorporate the Company's diverse expertise, providing simple-to-use, yet powerful solutions, tailored to meet the needs of different sized businesses across a broad range of industries.
- The Company has recently introduced the Fleetmatics REVEAL Field App, designed to keep dispatchers, managers and drivers aligned by delivering important information right to the driver's mobile device and improving the experience and performance of the mobile worker.
MassTLC announced the finalists during its 18th annual awards gala on September 16, 2015 at Boston's Seaport World Trade Center, attended by hundreds of executives, technologists, investors, media, analysts and other members of the Massachusetts innovation ecosystem. Technology Leadership Award Winners were chosen from among the best of the region's tech industry in 16 categories.
About Fleetmatics Group PLC Fleetmatics Group PLC (NYSE: FLTX) is a leading global provider of mobile workforce solutions for service-based businesses of all sizes delivered as software-as-a-service (SaaS). Our solutions enable businesses to meet the challenges associated with managing local fleets, and improve the productivity of their mobile workforces, by extracting actionable business intelligence from real-time and historical vehicle and driver behavioral data. Fleetmatics Group's intuitive, cost-effective Web-based solutions provide fleet operators with visibility into vehicle location, fuel usage, speed and mileage, and other insights into their mobile workforce, enabling them to reduce operating and capital costs, as well as increase revenue. An integrated, full-featured mobile workforce management product provides additional efficiencies related to job management by empowering the field worker and speeding the job completion process - quote through payment. As of June 30, 2015, Fleetmatics served approximately 29,000 fleet management customers, with approximately 625,000 subscribed vehicles worldwide. Fleetmatics has used, and intends to continue to use, the investor relations portions of its website as a means of disclosing material non-public information and for complying with disclosures obligations under Regulation FD. To learn more about Fleetmatics, visit www.fleetmatics.com.
About The Mass Technology Leadership Council, Inc. With more than 550 member companies, the Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) is the region's leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors and policy leaders. MassTLC's purpose is to accelerate innovation by connecting people from across the technology landscape, providing access to industry-leading content and ideas and offering a platform for visibility for member companies and their interests. More at www.masstlc.org.
Media Contacts: Juli Burda Fleetmatics firstname.lastname@example.org (847) 378-4398
Dave Ladetto Weber Shandwick email@example.com (617) 520-7042
SOURCE Fleetmatics Group PLC