CoreNet Global Announces Winners of 2011 Sustainable Leadership Award for Design & Development, Economic Development Leadership Award and Industry Excellence Award
CHICAGO, May 5, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- CoreNet Global announced today that Cushman & Wakefield, the Pennsylvania Center for Trade Development and Bank of America were the winners of three annual awards presented during the Opening Session of the CoreNet Global Summit at the Navy Pier Convention Center in Chicago.
Our uptick in awards nominations this year is a clear indicator of an improving industry landscape.
"More than 70 companies responded to our call for awards nominations this year, so we're encouraged by the number of cases that often signal the rising or waning levels of real estate industry innovation within a given time frame," said CoreNet Global CEO Angela Cain. "Right now, the tide is rising along with the economic mood, so once again new ideas and fresh thinking are moving to the forefront of real estate practices."
The following honors were awarded:
- Sustainable Leadership and Award for Design and Development, sponsored by Johnson Controls and Tandus, was presented to Cushman & Wakefield (C&W) for its work on the Environmental Challenge, a corporate initiative aimed at addressing environmental efficiencies in the commercial real estate sector and achieving a 10 percent reduction in energy consumption and waste disposal in C&W managed properties by 2012.
- Economic Development Leadership Award sponsored by Biggins Lacy Shapiro & Company, was presented to the Pennsylvania Center for Trade Development for revamping its export promotion operations to deliver a service set designed to sustainably enhance the reach and capacity of the state's exporting business.
- Industry Excellence Award was presented to Bank of America for its My Work® flexible work program, which offers options for associates to choose where and how they work best through greater flexibility while efficiently managing real estate and workplace expenses. The program achieved enrollment of 20,000+ participants at the end of 2010.
In addition, the following entries from the three award competitions were elevated for consideration for the 2011 Global Innovator's Award (GIA), sponsored by Gensler and Regus. The GIA winner will be announced at the Fall Summit in Atlanta in November.
- CB Richard Ellis Labor Analytics Group
- Greater Waco Chamber
- Pennsylvania Center for Trade Development
- Greater Dubuque Development
- General Services Administration
CoreNet Global is the world's leading professional association for corporate real estate executives, service providers and economic developers.
More information is available at www.corenetglobal.org.
SOURCE CoreNet Global