ORRVILLE, Ohio, Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Folgers® announces the launch of the second annual Home for the Holidays Essay Contest. This year, five winners and their guests will receive a trip home to celebrate the holidays with their families.
Beginning today through November 30, 2010, visitors to www.Folgers.com can submit an original essay in 200 words or less, describing what is the best part of wakin' up at home during the holidays with Folgers coffee. Five winners will receive a seven day, six night trip in December, 2010 for themselves and up to three other guests to travel to their hometown destination within the 48 contiguous United States.
"The sights, sounds and aromas of the holiday season often stir up a sense of nostalgia and a yearning to be at home with family. However, everyone may not have the opportunity to go home and be with their loved ones," said Maribeth Badertscher, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The J.M. Smucker Company. "Our hope is that, this year, Folgers will help the five lucky winners celebrate old traditions and make new memories with family and friends this holiday season."
Winners will be announced on or about December 17, 2010. Each trip includes round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, a rental car, $1,000 spending money, one digital camera and a Folgers gift basket. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. 18 years old or older. Void where prohibited. See www.folgers.com for Official Rules and complete details.
Everyone has their own favorite variety which is why Folgers offers a wide range of coffees with enticing aromas and rich tastes to indulge any preference. Folgers blends include:
- Classic Roast® Family: Folgers Classic Roast, Classic Decaf, Classic Roast Half Caff
- Classic Complements Coffee Blends: Black Silk, Folgers Breakfast Blend®, Special Roast®, 100% Columbian, French Roast, Gourmet Supreme®, House Blend, Brazilian Blend™
- Folgers Gourmet Selections®: Bold Java, Brazilian Sunrise, Lively Columbian, Lively Columbian Decaf, Morning Cafe®, Bistro Blend, Hazelnut Crème, Vanilla Biscotti, Chocolate Truffle, Creme Brulee, Caramel Drizzle®
- Folgers Simply Smooth®: Simply Smooth, Simply Smooth Decaf
- Folgers Flavors®: Chocolate Silk, Cinnamon Swirl, French Vanilla, Hazelnut, Hazelnut Decaf
- Folgers Instant Varieties: Classic Roast, Classic Decaf
- Folgers Singles: Classic Roast Singles, Classic Decaf Singles
- Folgers Cappuccino: French Vanilla, Mocha Chocolate
NEW – K-Cup Offerings for Keurig Single-Cup Brewers:
- Folgers Black Silk
- Folgers Gourmet Selections Lively Columbian
- Folgers Gourmet Selections Lively Columbian Decaf
- Folgers Gourmet Selections Vanilla Biscotti
About The J.M. Smucker Company
For more than 110 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that help families create memorable mealtime moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of fruit spreads, retail packaged coffee, peanut butter, shortening and oils, ice cream toppings, sweetened condensed milk, and health and natural foods beverages in North America. Its family of brands includes Smucker's®, Folgers®, Dunkin' Donuts®, Jif®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, Eagle Brand®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, White Lily® and Martha White® in the United States, along with Robin Hood®, Five Roses®, Carnation®, Europe's Best® and Bick's® in Canada. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. The Company has appeared on FORTUNE Magazine's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the United States 12 times, ranking number one in 2004. For more information about the Company, visit www.smuckers.com.
The J.M. Smucker Company is the owner of all trademarks, except Pillsbury, the Barrelhead logo and the Doughboy character are trademarks of The Pillsbury Company, LLC, used under license; Carnation is a trademark of Societe des Produits Nestle S.A., used under license; and Dunkin' Donuts is a registered trademark of DD IP Holder, LLC, used under license.
SOURCE The J.M. Smucker Company