NEW YORK, March 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- We The People (WTP), the world's only multichannel crowdfunding retail chain and creator support community, today announced that it is bringing its national tour, For Creators, By Creators (FCBC): From Crowdfunding to Global Launching, to New York City. Visit our event page to learn more details on the New York FCBC event and to register to attend.
WTP's mission is to connect U.S. startups, innovators, and the global markets. The FCBC tour is designed to provide networking opportunities for entrepreneurs and to help creators, who successfully crowdfunded a product idea, to launch globally. The FCBC event will be held at Civic Hall on April 25, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
"After tremendously successful events in Boston, St. Louis, and Las Vegas, we are thrilled to be able to bring our FCBC tour to the vibrant New York City creator community," said Jay Kang, CEO of WTP. "Our mission is to help creators bring their ideas to life because we are creators ourselves and we know the thrills and pitfalls of creating and distributing an exciting innovation on international markets."
There is no shortage of events for entrepreneurs in New York City, but FCBC is unlike any other. The event will include more than 100 of the most successful crowdfunded companies, experts and media to meet and mentor new creators seeking advice on funding, manufacturing, retail partnerships, and legal hurdles. Attendees can learn how to use crowdfunding to bring their ideas to scale fast.
In addition, five creators will have the opportunity to pitch their idea to the panel of experts, including a Guest Shark from Shark Tank, and get critiques, advice, or even funding. Finally, the FCBC event will include space to showcase exciting new products from local creators.
The forum will feature a couple of panel discussions, a networking dinner, and featured speakers and moderators including:
- Matt Higgins, Co-founder and CEO of RSE Ventures, a Guest Shark from Shark Tank
- John Fiorentino, Creator and Co-Founder, Gravity Blanket and Moon Pod
- Alice Chun, Co-Founder and CEO of Solight Design, Inc.
- Hanson Grant, Founder and CEO of Think Board
- Jacob Durham, Co-Founder, NOMATIC
- Melvin Poh, The Asian Entrepreneur & Cavendish Ventures
- Jon Richards, Co-Founder, NOMATIC
- Clarissa Redwine, Design and Technology Outreach Lead, Kickstarter
- Salvador Briggman, Published Writer and the Founder of the Popular Blog, CrowdCrux
- Arthur Limpens, Co-Founder, allocacoc
- Suzy Im, Vice President, TribalVision Worldwide
To date, WTP has brought more than 200 brands and more than a thousand products to the public via its brick-and-mortar and online stores, and it is engaging creators who want to take their brand global in two to three months in New York and around the U.S.
For more information about WTP, visit https://wtpstoreusa.com.
ABOUT WE THE PEOPLE
Established in 2016, We The People (WTP) is the world's only multichannel crowdfunding retail chain and community. Founded for creators by creators, Ryan Sim, Joel Liew, Nison Chan, and CEO Jay Kang, WTP has gone from 14 brands to more than 200 brands with multiple product lines, featured in six stores in Singapore, Malaysia and St. Louis, MO. In the U.S., consumers can purchase top crowdfunded products through wtpstoreusa.com.
Providing education, e-commerce, and brick-and-mortar retail space for crowdfunded entrepreneurs, WTP is quickly becoming the hub of innovation in Asia and around the world. With its goal to bring together the global creator community, WTP is expanding internationally to the United States, Australia, Spain, India, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
- Joshua Milne, PR Specialist, TribalVision, 617-501-1620, [email protected]
- Ryan Sim, Managing Director, Marketing & Business Development, We The People, [email protected]
SOURCE We The People