MUSKEGON, Mich., April 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Former Alltel and Verizon Wireless customers joining AT&T* will see a change as AT&T expands its service in Michigan.(1) AT&T recently rebranded Alltel and Verizon Wireless in these areas to AT&T and is introducing AT&T's exciting lineup of products and services to these customers.
Since its acquisition of these Alltel and Verizon Wireless assets in Michigan, AT&T has invested significantly to transition the former network infrastructure to AT&T. Former Alltel and Verizon Wireless customers joining AT&T will now have access to the nation's fastest mobile broadband network and to AT&T's broad portfolio of mobile devices.
The launch of mobile broadband service is expected to enhance service for both former Alltel customers as well as existing AT&T customers in the areas. The allocation of additional wireless spectrum from this transaction will also provide customers with enhanced wireless connectivity and in-building coverage throughout areas including Muskegon and in Cadillac, where mobile broadband was not previously available.
"Converging the two networks results in combined strength and speed for customers, allowing them to enjoy access to the nation's fastest mobile broadband network experience with emerging devices and tens of thousands of mobile applications," said Brian Ducharme, vice president and general manager for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets in Michigan. "We've been working nonstop to upgrade the network and this integration of wireless assets expands the reach of our mobile broadband network across primarily rural areas of the state and demonstrates our ongoing commitment to bring the benefits of mobile broadband to as many Americans as possible."
AT&T customers can visit any company-owned retail location in their local area to inquire about products and services. To locate a store, customers can visit http://www.att.com/storelocator. Also part of the rebranding efforts, the following authorized retailers will offer AT&T products and services:
- SC Kiosks, Inc., 1707 E. Sherman Blvd., Muskegon, 49444
- Attitudes locations:
- 1888 Holton Rd., Ste. C, Muskegon, 49445
- 5600 Harvey St., RMU #9, Muskegon, 49445
- Five Star Cellular, 3263 E. Colby Rd., Whitehall, 49461
- Westshore Communications, 704 State Rd., Hart, 49420
Trained sales consultants will be available to demonstrate a wide range of AT&T's advanced wireless products and services. Shoppers can also test the latest smartphones, quick messaging devices, netbooks and tablets. Customers can also learn how to get the most from social networking, manage photos or navigate with GPS on exciting exclusive AT&T devices.
Former Alltel and Verizon Wireless consumer wireless customers in these areas had the option to receive a brand new AT&T handset, comparable to their existing device, at no additional cost.(2) The vast majority of customers choosing free comparable devices are able to keep their existing rate plans, with no additional term commitment required.
Customers may also choose to upgrade their devices with a new two-year contract, an AT&T rate plan and any associated data plan.(3) Customers choosing an AT&T rate plan can enjoy Mobile to Any Mobile, which gives customers unlimited calling to any mobile number in the United States, and A-List with Rollover®, exclusive to AT&T, which offers unlimited calling to up to 10 additional numbers on any network and allows customers to keep their unused Anytime Minutes for up to 12 months.(4)
AT&T will transition service for these former Alltel and Verizon Wireless subscribers over the coming weeks and is committed to ensuring a smooth transition for all customers. Prior to customers' transition dates, AT&T will communicate by text message and soundbite with customers the specific date and details of their transition to AT&T, and in the meantime, their existing devices will continue to work on the legacy networks.
Customers with questions about the transition process may visit www.att.com/alltel, call (800) 331-0500 or speak with an AT&T sales representative at a local retail location.
(1) AT&T is expanding its service in Michigan as a result of its acquisition of wireless assets from Verizon Wireless on June 22, 2010. The change affects former Alltel customers in Muskegon and former Verizon Wireless customers in Benzie, Gratiot, Isabella, Lake, Leelanau, Manistee, Mason, Mecosta, Missaukee, Montcalm, Newaygo, Osceola, and Wexford Counties.
(2) Applies only to postpaid customers with a contract. Customers with laptop cards and netbooks may not have a choice of devices, but they are eligible for a comparable new device at no additional charge.
(3) Customers upgrading their devices must pay current AT&T prices for their device.
(4) Mobile to Any Mobile: Messaging Unlimited Plan required. Available on select AT&T Nation & Family Talk plans. International and roaming calls not included. Not available on AT&T Viva Mexico or Nation with Canada plans. Calls to directory assistance, voice mail, pay-per-use call routing and forwarding numbers not included. Text, picture, video and instant messages must be sent to and/or received from within the AT&T nationwide coverage area. A-List is available only with Individual plans $59.99 and over per month and FamilyTalk plan $89.99 or over per month. Other terms and conditions apply. Unused Rollover Minutes expire after the 12th billing period of the month minutes have been accumulated. Night and Weekend and Mobile to Mobile Minutes not included.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.