SALT LAKE CITY, April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 55,000 former Alltel customers joining AT&T* will see a change as AT&T expands its service in Utah.(1) AT&T has rebranded Alltel to AT&T and is introducing AT&T's exciting lineup of products and services to these customers.
Since its acquisition of the Alltel wireless assets in Utah, AT&T has invested significantly to transition the former Alltel network infrastructure to AT&T. Former Alltel customers across the state now have access to the nation's fastest mobile broadband network and to AT&T's broad portfolio of mobile devices.
"We're thrilled to welcome former Alltel customers to the AT&T community, and we're confident that they will enjoy a fantastic wireless experience with AT&T," said Jace Barbin, vice president and general manager for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets in the Rocky Mountain Region. "We've been working nonstop to upgrade the Alltel network. AT&T's network integration in Utah expands the reach of our mobile broadband network across primarily rural areas of the state and demonstrates AT&T's ongoing commitment to bring the benefits of mobile broadband to as many Americans as possible.
"Today we're proud that customers in this area have access not only to the nation's fastest mobile broadband network but also to the broadest international coverage of any U.S. wireless provider — with voice service in more than 220 countries and data service in 200 countries."
The rebranding effort includes the former Alltel stores at:
- 1180 W. Hwy 40, Vernal, 84078
- 125 S. Highway 55, Ste. A, Price, 84501
- 192 N. 200 East, Roosevelt, 84066
- 348 North Bluff, St. George, 84770
- 520 W. Telegraph Rd., Ste. 1, Washington, 84780
- 603 S. Main St., Ste. 3, Cedar City, 84720
- 850 N. Main St., Ste. 2, Richfield, 84701
As part of the rebranding effort, the following authorized retailers will also offer AT&T products and services:
- Epic Wireless, 110 N. Main St., Ste. B-7, Cedar City, 84720
- Carefree Satellite & Wireless, 1147 W. Hwy 40, #107, Vernal, 84078
- System Communications, 1275 E. 335 South, Vernal, 84078
- Titan Wireless locations at:
- 17 E. Center St., Ephraim, 84627
- 656 N. Main St., Nephi, 84648
- Sound Room 2, 175 W. 900 South, St. George, 84770
- Connected Technologies, Inc., 225 E. Center St., Blanding, 84511
- KMJ, Inc, 291 E. Main, Delta, 84624
- Windriver Wireless, 581 E. 200 N, Roosevelt, 84066
- Royce's Electronics, 611 S. Main St., Moab, 84532
Trained sales consultants will be available to demonstrate a wide range of AT&T's advanced wireless products and services. Shoppers can also test the latest smartphones, quick messaging devices, netbooks and tablets. Customers can also learn how to get the most from social networking, manage photos or navigate with GPS on exciting exclusive AT&T devices.
In addition, the following national retailer locations will also offer AT&T products and services:
- Radio Shack locations at:
- 235 S. 100 E, Kanab, 84741
- 85 W. Main St., Mount Pleasant, 84647
- WalMart locations at:
- 10 E. 1300 South, Richfield, 84701
- 1330 S. Providence Center Dr., Cedar City, 84720
- 1851 W. Hwy 40, Vernal, 84078
- 255 S. Hwy 55, Price, 84501
- 2610 S. Pioneer Rd., St. George, 84790
- 625 W. Telegraph St., Washington, 84780
- 777 N. Main, Ephraim, 84627
Former Alltel consumer wireless customers in this area had the option to receive a brand new AT&T handset, comparable to their existing device, at no additional cost.(2) The vast majority of customers choosing free comparable devices are able to keep their existing rate plans, with no additional term commitment required.
Customers may also choose to upgrade their devices with a new two-year contract, an AT&T rate plan and any associated data plan.(3) Customers choosing an AT&T rate plan can enjoy Mobile to Any Mobile, which gives customers unlimited calling to any mobile number in the United States, and A-List with Rollover®, exclusive to AT&T, which offers unlimited calling to up to 10 additional numbers on any network and allows customers to keep their unused Anytime Minutes for up to 12 months.(4)
AT&T will transition service for former Alltel subscribers over the coming weeks and is committed to ensuring a smooth transition for all customers. Prior to customers' transition dates, AT&T will communicate by text message and soundbite with customers the specific date and details of their transition to AT&T, and in the meantime, their existing devices will continue to work on the legacy Alltel network.
Customers with questions about the transition process may visit www.att.com/alltel, call (800) 331-0500 or speak with an AT&T sales representative at a local retail location.
(1) AT&T is expanding its service in Utah as a result of its acquisition of wireless assets from Verizon Wireless on June 22, 2010. The change affects customers in Beaver, Carbon, Daggett, Duchesne, Emery, Garfield, Grand, Iron, Juab, Kane, Millard, Piute, San Juan, Sanpete, Sevier, Uintah, Washington and Wayne Counties.
(2) Applies only to postpaid customers with a contract. Customers with laptop cards and netbooks may not have a choice of devices, but they are eligible for a comparable new device at no additional charge.
(3) Customers upgrading their devices must pay current AT&T prices for their device.
(4) Mobile to Any Mobile: Messaging Unlimited Plan required. Available on select AT&T Nation & Family Talk plans. International and roaming calls not included. Not available on AT&T Viva Mexico or Nation with Canada plans. Calls to directory assistance, voice mail, pay-per-use call routing and forwarding numbers not included. Text, picture, video and instant messages must be sent to and/or received from within the AT&T nationwide coverage area. A-List is available only with Individual plans $59.99 and over per month and FamilyTalk plan $89.99 or over per month. Other terms and conditions apply. Unused Rollover Minutes expire after the 12th billing period of the month minutes have been accumulated. Night and Weekend and Mobile to Mobile Minutes not included.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.