CONCORD, Calif., March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Formtek, Inc., a leading provider of document and content management solutions, announced today the availability of five new Software Extensions for the Alfresco Open Content Platform.
Formtek Software Extensions are designed to increase the capabilities and productivity of a client's Alfresco implementation by extending the standard Alfresco functionality or by adding new features. A summary description of each Extension is as follows:
- The Formtek Auditing Extension provides a complete audit log for every file and folder within Alfresco
- The Formtek File Linking Extension allows a single document stored in Alfresco to be accessible from multiple locations without physically duplicating the document
- The Formtek Peer Association Extension makes it possible for associations to be established between documents within Alfresco Share
- The Formtek Security Extension offers more flexible security capabilities in addition to those available with standard Alfresco Share by allowing file and folder access control on per-user and/or per-group basis
- The Formtek Version Browser Extension allows the user to select any older document version in Alfresco Share and view its Web preview and associated metadata, or download that version
"Our Software Extensions for Alfresco have been developed based on the knowledge and experience we've gained through two decades of successfully implementing ECM solutions for our customers," said Ed Kay, Formtek Vice President, Services and Support. "We also provide full support for the Extensions, including ongoing product maintenance and updates, via our dedicated email and toll-free phone number, as well as via the Formtek Online Support Web portal."
Formtek Vice President and Chief Technologist, Dick Weisinger, will be providing a presentation and live demonstration of the Software Extensions during a webinar sponsored by Alfresco on March 27th at 1:00 pm EDT, 10:00 am PDT, 5:00 pm GMT. To register for the webinar, please visit http://www.alfresco.com/about/events/2012/03/formtek_extensions/.
The Formtek Software Extensions are available for Alfresco Share 3.4 and above, and on servers running either Linux or Windows operating systems. Each Extension is installed via a JAR file, and includes both an installer and uninstaller.
Additional information on the Formtek Software Extensions for Alfresco can be found on the Formtek website at http://www.formtek.com/products/alfresco_extensions.shtml, or by contacting [email protected]. Information on each Extension is also available via the Alfresco Solution Showcase located at http://blogs.alfresco.com/wp/solutions/.
For over two decades, Formtek has been providing mission-critical Enterprise Document and Content Management solutions and services to some of the most demanding clients in the world. Our capabilities and experience have helped both small organizations as well as large global enterprises manage their most important information assets. Formtek solutions address real, day-to-day engineering data management, document management, content management, records management, and secure collaboration requirements for worldwide customers in a wide variety of market sectors, including manufacturing, aerospace, defense, telecommunication, utility, and government. Formtek is an Alfresco Gold Systems Integration Partner.
For more information, visit our website at http://www.formtek.com. And follow us on Twitter, friend us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedIn, watch a product demonstration on YouTube, and read what we have to say on our blog.
Formtek is a registered trademark of Formtek, Inc. in the USA and other countries.
Alfresco is a registered trademark of Alfresco Software, Inc. in the USA and other countries.
Contact: Mr. Victor Malespina
SOURCE Formtek, Inc.