SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 33 Silver members and 11 Associate members in the month of September. Linux Foundation members help support development of the shared technology resources, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation. Linux Foundation member contributions help provide the infrastructure and resources that enable the world's largest open collaboration communities.
Since the start of 2018, a new organization has joined The Linux Foundation every day and we are honored to be their partners in open source.
"We are thrilled to welcome forty-four new members to The Linux Foundation this month," said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. "These organizations, which represent industries including technology, education, energy, the service industry and more, are working to create a more collaborative community in order to promote further innovation; we look forward to working with them to help make that happen."
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of the new members have joined Linux Foundation projects such as the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Hyperledger and LF Networking. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/.
Linux Foundation Silver members are organizations that contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects. The new Linux Foundation Silver members who joined in the month of September are:
- Ambedded Technology is specialized in the solution of professional ARM Micro Server and integration of ARM platform into different vertical markets.
- BetaBlocks transforms blockchain ideas into successful companies.
- Blockchain Educators LLC is developing and cultivating concepts, partnerships, and businesses backed by blockchain technology.
- Cardstack Syndicate Inc is an open-source framework and consensus protocol that makes blockchains usable and scalable for the mass market.
- CenCon Blockchain Group Inc. is the first group company registered and approved by the Canadian government, whose core business is to improve the production relations by blockchain technologies.
- CloudYuga provides training in Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos Marathon, Container Security, GO Language, Advance Linux Administration, and more.
- Constellation Labs addresses the limitations inherent in current blockchain technology.
- Dotscience snapshots every detail of every run of a model and enables you to visualize model behavior and optimise performance.
- ENC Digital Technology Co., Ltd. provides marine tourism transportation and travel services in China.
- EOS SOFTWARE, S.A. DE C.V: provides software to manage your EOS Tools.
- The Foundry Visionmongers Limited designs creative software technologies used to deliver award-winning visual effects and 3D content for the design, visualization and entertainment industries.
- Garden.io's platform is designed from the ground up to make developing, managing and testing multiple services dramatically faster and easier.
- Honeywell International invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world's most critical challenges around energy, safety, productivity and global urbanization.
- Hortonworks, Inc. delivers 100 percent open-source global data management platforms and services so customers can manage the full lifecycle of their data.
- Infinidat focuses on eliminating the compromises between performance, availability, and cost at multi-petabyte scale for enterprise storage.
- Intelligent Systems Services design and install fire alarm and life safety systems for a wide range of customers.
- KoreConX investor relations sets the standard for transparency, compliance and investor confidence.
- Mobilise offers consultancy services to MVNOs and others looking to enter the telecoms industry, including strategy, business casing, feasibility study, project management, solution architecture and service operations.
- MSys Technologies engineers the entire product development cycle-from POCs to development to testing and support.
- New Relic allows you to easily view and analyze massive amounts of data, and gain actionable insights in real time.
- Noris Network AG delivers individual and high-quality single-source IT services to you.
- Omnigate offers advanced transaction management tools to a broader customer base and allows more more participants to participate in decentralized trading networks.
- Open Cloud Foundation brings together diverse stakeholders to promote and build a more open, strong, secure and standardised cloud.
- Pragma is a channel focused distribution company designed to support resellers and Ericsson-LG in bringing iPECS unified communications technology to the UK market.
- Rift.IOautomates the complex processes required to design, deploy, and scale virtualized network functions and services.
- Rookout technology decouples the data visibility layer from the app, so you can review parts of the live code on demand.
- SoftIron provides software defined storage for high performance applications enabling enterprise level IT infrastructure for business demands.
- Solo.io helps enterprises migrate and gradually transform legacy applications to new architectures.
- State Farm insurance helps people manage the risks of everyday life and recover from the unexpected.
- Teuto.net Netzdienste GmbH specializes in providing hosting, cloud and web development services based on open source technologies.
- Wallarm automates real-time application protection and security testing for websites, microservices and APIs across public and private clouds.
- Wanchain is the world's first and only interoperable blockchain with secure multi-party computing.
- XSKY adds on enterprise-ready interfaces and 24/7 maintenance capability to generic Ceph, helps customers reduce total cost of ownership and solve the dilemma of data expansion versus budget restriction.
Associate members of The Linux Foundation include government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining, and using open source technologies. The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Blender Foundation is an independent nonprofit public benefit corporation that establishes services for active users and developers of Blender.
- CERTH (Centre for Research and Technology Hellas) is one of the leading research centers in Greece with important scientific and technological achievements.
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance is the industry's first global standards organization to deliver an open, standards-based architecture and specification to accelerate the adoption of Enterprise Ethereum.
- FIWARE is a curated framework of open source platform components to accelerate the development of smart solutions.
- Government of Bermuda
- Ministry of Citizens Services provides a wide range of services to British Columbians across the province.
- Monash University is one of Australia's leading universities and helps change lives through research and education.
- SARAO (South African Radio Astronomy Observatory) spearheads South Africa's activities in Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope in engineering, science and construction.
- University of Kassel is a vibrant university characterized by its openness to new ideas in every single area of its work.
- Visual Effects Society is a global professional honorary society representing the full breadth of visual effects practitioners including (but not limited to) artists, technologists, model makers, educators, and producers.
- Washington State University has inspired the next generation of problem solvers since 1890.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain, and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
Note - The Linux Foundation releases a look back list of new members joining the organization every month.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and industry adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The Linux Foundation
SOURCE The Linux Foundation