ASHEVILLE, N.C., Oct. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Four Seasons Plumbing, a family-owned and operated plumbing company serving the Asheville and Hendersonville areas, is providing tips for homeowners to make sure their plumbing is prepared for the winter months.
"Due to the threat of freezing, winter can be a time for major plumbing problems that can create a lot of headaches," said Max Rose, owner of Four Seasons Plumbing. "There are some simple, inexpensive measures homeowners can take to prevent frozen pipes, save money on utilities and avoid hassles."
Rose recommends homeowners do the following during the fall months:
- Insulate any exposed pipes – Pipes in crawl spaces, garages, basements or other uninsulated parts of the home should be insulated. This has two benefits. One, it protects against freezing, which can cause bigger issues. Two, it will help make sure hot water stays warm while traveling through the home.
- Give the water heater a coat – Many homes have water heaters located in areas that aren't climate controlled, such as a basement or crawl space. If that's the case, wrap the water heater in insulation to save money on utilities.
- Remove water hoses – After gardens, lawns and seasonal plants no longer need water, it's best to remove any water hoses on the outside of the house. The majority of the out-door faucets installed in our area are "frost-proof", but only if you remove the hose from the faucet.
- Make sure well heads are properly insulated – If the piping at your well head is above ground, Check that it is wrapped thoroughly with isolation and has a proper cover to shield it from wind.
- Wind is the enemy – Anywhere wind has the potential to penetrate your home is an area of concern. Look for open foundation vents or any space that could allow went to bring the cold air into your home. Close any vent and use spray foam or insulation to fill any cracks or gaps that could pose a potential problem
- Service the furnace – While not related to plumbing directly, having an HVAC professional do pre-winter servicing of a home's heating unit can prevent the furnace giving out when the first cold snap hits. Without a working furnace, pipes are in danger of freezing if the temperature drops.
For more information about Four Seasons Plumbing, visit http://callfourseasons.com or call 1-828-216-3894.
About Four Seasons Plumbing
Four Seasons Plumbing is a family-owned and operated home services company serving Asheville and Hendersonville areas. Four Seasons Plumbing has established itself as the leader in providing reliable, professional plumbing services throughout the entire Asheville and Hendersonville area and surrounding communities. We pride ourselves on a commitment to customer service and can answer any and all of your plumbing needs, even emergencies. For more information, call 1-828-216-3894 or visit http://callfourseasons.com.
SOURCE Four Seasons Plumbing