CHICAGO, June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Family Office Exchange (FOX), a leading advisor to the global family wealth market, today announced this year's Financial Executive Forum will be held July 18-19 in Chicago. The theme of the 2012 event is "In Pursuit of the Well-Run Family Office" and will feature sessions on tax, technology and legislative developments impacting wealth owners.
The event is recommended for financial executives of family offices. This year's agenda includes:
- A tax and estate planning update from Susan von Hermann of Schiff Hardin
- Legislative updates from Jeff Cook of the Policy and Taxation Group
- A discussion of the disaster recovery benefits of cloud computing by a FOX member firm.
- Ideas on how to create financial reports that encourage family engagement from FOX's Heather Asher; Mike Madigan of Advent Software, Inc.; and W. Jackson Parham Jr. of Eton Advisors, L.P.
- A discussion of human resources challenges affecting family offices featuring Bonnie Gauger of Johnson Keland Management, Inc.; Shannon Zur of Vogel Consulting; and FOX's Karen Rush
The agenda for the forum is set by FOX's Financial Executive Council, an ongoing peer group of CFOs, controllers and tax managers seeking information on family office operational, compliance, and technical issues.
"The greatest value from this event comes from family office financial executives getting a chance to meet with their peers and share ideas," says FOX Relationship Manager Jo Wellman.
Registration for the event is open to non-members, but limited seating is available. Additional information is available at www.familyoffice.com/learning-events/forums/fox-financial-executives-forum-2012.
About Family Office Exchange
Family Office Exchange operates a global community of private investors and wealthy families who are pursuing best practices for optimal management of their families' wealth and legacy. The community includes over 6,000 people from 650 organizations in 20 countries who utilize FOX's resources for advice, networking, education, and comparative metrics each year.
FOX provides strategic advisory services as well as a variety of membership options supporting families of differing experience levels – from private investors with virtual offices, those just setting up their family office, as well as business owners and multi-generational families with sophisticated, well-established offices.
Also, FOX supports an extended network of public members who can access FOX directories and FOX's Knowledge Center with content on integrated wealth management, family office best practices, and family governance and legacy. Public members can purchase studies, participate in surveys, and attend open educational events.
FOX is headquartered in Chicago and London, with offices in New York and Boston. For more information about FOX, call 1.312.327.1200 (The Americas) or 44.(0)20.7520.9443 (Europe, Africa, Asia/Pacific) or visit www.familyoffice.com.
SOURCE Family Office Exchange