HOUSTON, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hart Energy announced that former U.S. Secretary of the Interior Gale A. Norton has been added as a special speaker at its Developing Unconventionals (DUO™) Reservoirs conference and exhibition, May 14-16, at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
From 2001 to 2006 under President George W. Bush, Norton served as the 48th Secretary of the Interior. She was the first woman to hold the position.
Norton will present on day two of the conference — May 16 — at 10:30 a.m. She joins industry leaders on the DUO agenda, such as:
- Lee K. Boothby, chairman, president and CEO, Newfield Exploration Co.
- James J. Volker, chairman and CEO, Whiting Petroleum Corp.
- Christopher W. Keene, president and CEO, Rangeland Energy, LLC
- Allen Howard, president and CEO, NuTech Energy Alliance
- Kirk A. Barrell, president, Amelia Resources LLC
- Steve Walkinshaw, president, Vision Exploration LLC
- Taylor L. Reid, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Oasis Petroleum
- Qingming Yang, executive vice president, Business Approach Resources Inc.
- Torstein Hole, senior vice president, Statoil ASA
- Ted Brown, senior vice president, Northern Region, Noble Energy
- Ron Gajdica, senior vice president, Acquisitions, EV Energy Partners, LP
- Tom Spalding, vice president, Horizontal Permian, Pioneer Natural Resources Co.
- Lance Langford, vice president, Bakken, DPNA, Statoil
- James Bowzer, vice president, North America Production Operations, Marathon Oil Corp.
The DUO conference addresses the geology, technology, and economics of oil-resource plays. This year's event focuses on Bakken and Niobrara development and other tight oil resources — like the horizontal Permian, Utica, and others.
For the agenda, visit www.hartduo.com.
For 30-plus years, Hart Energy has been a leader covering energy news and technology for investors and executives. The Houston-based company produces magazines (Oil and Gas Investor, E&P, Midstream Business and FUEL), online information services (A-Dcenter.com, OilandGasInvestor.com and UGcenter.com), and industry newsletters, and provides upstream energy research and downstream consulting services. Hart Energy boasts exceptional strength in unconventional resources, e.g., its Developing Unconventionals (DUG™) conference series, its Global Shale Gas and Global Shale Oil studies, and more. Visit www.hartenergy.com for more information.
Contact: Susan D. Emfinger
SOURCE Hart Energy