AUSTIN, Texas, March 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The online dating world can be frustrating, and more importantly, a big waste of time. One of the problems is that singles are so busy matching and messaging that they're not actually going out on real dates, nor having any meaningful experiences.
The big question we asked ourselves is…
HOW WE GET YOU OUT & ON A REAL DATE INSTANTLY?
McCoy (www.McCoy.us) is a new experience-based dating app that allows singles to match then instantly meet up, offering a wide range of curated dates as in-app purchases. It's like having your own personal concierge and matchmaker right at your fingertips.
When developing McCoy, founders Jake Banks & Muneeb Bokhari's mission was to moves singles away from the time-wasting treadmill of hookup platforms, and onto a more evolved dating app.
McCoy offers deals on everything from concert tickets to dinner dates... Grab a quick drink? Or maybe a sunset cruise? You simply purchase an experience and add it to your profile.
"Finally something new in dating," says Jake Banks. "All the existing apps out there have been slight variations of the same theme…match than endlessly message each other until your fingers bleed. And being ghosted is very real."
"McCoy is dedicated to changing the conversation from let's message each-other for hours on end…to let's go out and experience something together. You don't need a conversation starter when you have tickets to a concert… you don't need to worry about who goes first when you can go together."
Holly Dietrich of McCoy says the app, "allows singles to choose from over 300 experiences – from buying concert tickets to vouchers for restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and on and on. Purchase an experience for ice cream and then find someone to enjoy it with!"
"Launching at SXSW's Startup Spotlight, the feedback has been phenomenal," says Banks. "People have been downloading and buying experiences, and most importantly, matching with other singles."
A partnership rooted in commercial production and digital innovation, founders Jake Banks & Muneeb Bokhari have a wide range of talents when it comes to startups. When developing McCoy, they started with a stand-alone concept that puts experiences first, offering a cool, curated range of 'things to do' and found the perfect audience ready for something new.
McCoy's mission enables users to:
- Browse hundreds of hand-picked experiences right on the app. McCoy is like having your own personal concierge service!
- Once you match with someone you can send them an invite to meet up instantly.
- No purchase necessary to enjoy the app. You can browse singles with experiences or add an experience to your profile.
- Upon purchase, we instantly send you a ticket or redeemable voucher for anytime use. You do not have to take someone you met on McCoy. These vouchers act like gift cards and never expire. If it is a ticket for an event, you can go with anyone.
- The app is free to use! No subscription fees or boosts allow you to put your money into an actual experience.
Version 1.0 of McCoy is NOW available on the Apple App Store - and we are currently offering curated experiences in Los Angeles, Austin, and New York.
Swipe Right on Adventure!
For more information, check out the McCoy video:
Questions or Concerns: