ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga., Feb. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Although the Big Game didn't bend in the Atlanta Falcons' favor this past weekend, the city still took home an impressive win, thanks to the perfect recipe for game-day party food from Georgia's very own Chef Jennifer Hill Booker.
To help at-home entertainers equip themselves with winning recipes, NBC's "Today" show held its own "Culinary Cook-Off" between rival chefs representing the two teams that faced off on the gridiron Sunday in Houston. The segment featured Booker, the renowned chef and cookbook author, as the Atlanta representative. Once the judges had finished sampling all the dishes, her Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Deviled Eggs featuring SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp reigned victorious.
"We really admire Chef Booker's approach to simple Southern cuisine and were thrilled to be included in her dish," said Megan Grinstead, Director of Marketing for SeaPak Shrimp & Seafood Co. "The honor was especially sweet because SeaPak is a Georgia-based company. We think the winning dish did a great job of highlighting the versatility of frozen seafood."
Winning Recipe: Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Deviled Eggs with Shrimp
Up your appetizer game with Chef Booker's winning recipe for Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Deviled Eggs.
- 2 dozen eggs
- 1½ cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup hickory smoked bacon, cooked and cut into quarters
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cooked hickory smoked bacon, crumbled
- 4 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 package (20 ounces) SeaPak® Popcorn Shrimp or 24 fried popcorn shrimp, prepared according to package instructions and chopped
- In large saucepan, place eggs in a single layer and cover with water, filling to 1½ inches of water above the eggs.
- Heat, uncovered, over medium-high heat until water begins to boil; cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and leave eggs covered for 14 minutes, then rinse eggs under cold running water for 1 minute.
- Remove eggs from water, gently crack eggshells and carefully peel eggs under cool running water. Blot eggs dry with paper towels.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Place half of the yolks into large bowl and all of the whites onto large serving platter.
- Using the back of a dinner fork, mash egg yolks in bowl into a fine crumble.
- Add both cheddar cheeses, 1/2 cup bacon quarters, cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, pimentos, paprika and cayenne. Using a rubber spatula, mix all until well combined. (You can also make this filling in the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment.)
- Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon or piping bag, evenly scoop the deviled egg mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish with crispy bacon, scallions and SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp.
SeaPak has been using coastal secrets and recipes to make great-tasting shrimp and seafood for nearly 70 years. The company is committed to making life for consumers "more coastal," through outstanding, quality seafood products that are so authentic, they take you to the coast.
The trusted name for delicious seafood products since 1948, SeaPak today produces America's No. 1-selling retail frozen shrimp brand within the specialty seafood category.
SeaPak is highly regarded within the seafood industry for its adherence to the utmost in quality standards and for its commitment to resource management and sustainability. Learn more about the brand and its commitment to sustainability here.
About Rich Products Corporation and the Consumer Brands Division
Rich Products Corporation is a global food company defined by innovation and renowned for imagining what's possible. With more than 4,000 delicious products found in kitchens and bakeries around the world, Rich's continues to expand within the global marketplace across six continents. As a leading, worldwide supplier to the foodservice, in-store bakery and deli, and retail marketplaces, Rich's is regarded throughout the industry for its food ingenuity and for its commitment to customer solutions that raise the standards for delicious and unique tastes, quality and convenience.
Its strong global presence in more than 100 countries is characterized by a variety of innovative products that satisfy unique local preferences and are specifically customized for each region. Rich's annual sales now exceed $3.5 billion and the privately-held, family-owned company employs more than 10,000 associates around the world.
Rich Products Corporation's Consumer Brands Division, located on St. Simons Island, Georgia, is responsible for the successful portfolio of Rich's products sold to consumers at retail grocery and club stores nationwide. In addition to SeaPak, other brands managed by the Consumer Brands Division include Farm Rich, one of the nation's leading names in frozen snacks and appetizers, and Our Specialty, which features an innovative lineup of sweet and savory baked goods.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/georgia-chef-brings-home-the-win-on-today-300403614.html