CULVER CITY, Calif., Oct. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Embody the glamour of a Pan Am stewardess this Halloween inspired by the new ABC drama series, PAN AM!
The iconic blue stewardess uniform and accessories -- which radiate a sexy, professional yet fun vibe –have become instantly coveted by the public due to the show's success.
Want to know how to replicate the look? Here are some helpful tips and tools on how to download patterns and create it, which can also be found on PAN AM's page on the ABC website http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/pan-am and the PAN AM Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/PanAmABC. Once you've made your costume, submit photos of yourself as a PAN AM stewardess at @PanAmABC!
- Blue Suit with a Jacket and Skirt – The "Pan Am Blue" is close to a Royal Blue. Suits can be found at your local thrift store. If you're handy, you can tailor your jacket to make it fit your ladylike figure and shorten the sleeves. Similarly, the skirt length is acceptable just to your knee.
- White Collared Shirt - Spread the collar over the lapel of the suit jacket.
- White Gloves - Gloves should reach the middle of your arm. Opera length gloves are too long. In a pinch, use shorter gloves, not longer ones.
- Nylon Hosiery - In the '60s, hosiery was not as sheer as today. Emphasize that you're wearing hosiery by wearing a less-sheer style.
- Short-Heeled Black Pumps - The stewardesses of Pan Am were on their feet all day, so find a sensible, lower heel.
- Pan Am Wings Lapel Pin - A pattern is available for you to download at http://cdn.media.abc.go.com/m/pdf/shows/pan-am/PA_Hat_.pdf. Simply print it out, cut it carefully and attach it to a piece of heavy paper or thin cardboard (like that of a milk carton). Then, affix a safety pin to this and wear your wing on the left side of your jacket (over your heart).
- Pan Am Stewardess Cap - A pattern to create your own paper cap is available for download at http://cdn.media.abc.go.com/m/pdf/shows/pan-am/PA_Hat_.pdf. There's a pattern for the Pan Am cap pin provided as well.
- Pan Am Flight Bag - If you haven't yet ordered your own bag, you can create your own by modifying a bowling bag or other similar large bag.
HAIR & MAKE-UP:
- Hair is worn up in the style of the 1960s above the shoulders.
- Make-up is light, "daytime" make-up. Make it authentic by wearing the official shade, "Persian Melon" by Revlon (shade 585).
About PAN AM:
Passion, adventure and espionage… They experience it all – and they experience it at 30,000 feet. The style of the 1960s, the energy and excitement of the Jet Age and a drama full of sexy entanglements deliciously mesh in a thrilling and highly original new series.
In addition to the U.S. launch, PAN AM has been finding success around the globe recently launching to strong ratings in Canada, Ireland and Sweden (the highest rated foreign series premiere ever).
PAN AM stars Christina Ricci ("Penelope") as Maggie, Margot Robbie ("Neighbours") as Laura, Michael Mosley ("Justified") as Ted, Karine Vanasse ("Polytechnique") as Colette, Mike Vogel ("The Help," "Blue Valentine") as Dean and Kelli Garner ("Going the Distance") as Kate.
Series creator Jack Orman ("ER," "Men of a Certain Age"), Thomas Schlamme ("The West Wing," "Parenthood," "Mr. Sunshine"), Nancy Hult Ganis ("Akleeh and the Bee") and Steven Maeda ("Lie to Me," "Lost") are executive producers. "Pan Am" is produced by Jack Orman Productions, Out of the Blue Entertainment and Shoe Money Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television.
SOURCE Sony Pictures Television