WALLDORF, Germany, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Twenty thousand organizations from around the world will be sharing stories on the challenges, opportunities and benefits of digital transformation at the SAPPHIRE NOW® conference in Orlando, Florida, on May 16–18. SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) customers from all industries and regions across the globe are gathering for the event, making it one of the world's largest business technology conferences.
- The Autonomous Province of South Tyrol, Italy, is working with SAP to create a blockchain network that shall improve the efficiency of digital processes. Stefan Gasslitter, general director of South Tyrol's IT agency, SIAG, said integrating data across applications in compliance with data-sharing regulations saves time and reduces inaccuracies. "Blockchain technology delivers a new level of data truthfulness and security to organizations," he explained.
- Stara, a Brazilian farming equipment manufacturer, attributes its spectacular growth to the use of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. "There's a lot of talk about the IoT but we are actually making it happen out in the fields every day," said Gilson Trennepohl, Stara CEO. "Stara's agricultural machinery includes GPS-guided automatic steering and internet-connected telemetry systems that provide farmers with real-time information such as planting and spraying rates, overlap percentages and color-coded application maps."
- Insight Enterprises, a global provider of hardware, software and cloud solutions and IT services, uses Concur®, SAP® Fieldglass®, SAP SuccessFactors® and SAP Hybris® cloud solutions as components in its digital core. "Things that would take us four to six months in the past now take four to six weeks," said Mike Guggemos, Insight CIO.
- FreshDirect, the U.S. Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer delivering directly to customers throughout seven states and the District of Columbia, uses SAP software to power its residential and office businesses, as well as FoodKick, its on-demand food delivery service. "SAP has supported FreshDirect's residential and office businesses since our inception in 2002," said Nitin Chaudhary, FreshDirect's vice president, Enterprise Applications and Business Transformation. "Our business has grown exponentially over the past 15 years, and as we've expanded into new markets, including D.C. earlier this year, and launched our sister brand, FoodKick, SAP has scaled with us."
- C&J Energy Services, an oil and gas service provider in North America, built a digital field ticketing application on SAP Cloud Platform. The application allows rig supervisors to accurately capture job information, even in regions without internet connectivity, and synchronize it to the SAP S/4HANA® Finance solution when in online mode.
- MAPAL, a German supplier of precision metal-cutting tools, used SAP and Apple technology to create c-Com, an open cloud-based platform that enables complete lifecycle management of C-parts. "When suppliers and manufacturers share C-part data on a single platform, it's much easier and faster to see when parts and tools need to be replenished, repaired or replaced," explained Stephan Koestler, engineering manager of Mechatronic Systems at MAPAL.
- Mercy, the fifth-largest Catholic healthcare system in the United States, is improving patient care by constantly innovating and using technology to reduce variation and costs and enable the highest quality of care. "Mercy is in front of the industry in its use of data science to quickly determine cost-effective best practices and apply what is learned to get better results," said Curtis Dudley, Mercy's vice president of Performance Solutions. "We are using SAP innovations not just to save money but to save lives."
The SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference general sessions and live business theater keynotes are available to watch online at http://events.sap.com/sapandasug/en/agendav.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 350,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2017 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-organizations-speak-universal-language-of-digital-transformation-at-sapphire-now-300457099.html
SOURCE SAP SE