MCKINNEY, Texas, April 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company will be hosting the The Miracle League of East Texas at Globe Life Park in Arlington on April 16th. As part of this experience, 12-year-old Joshua Sanders will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch before the Texas Rangers game against the Baltimore Orioles. Joshua will be one of the athletes from the Miracle League of East Texas. His family has found ways to help him participate in in sports like wheelchair basketball, seated skateboarding, and track in a racer wheelchair to name a few. Out of all the sports, one of his main passions is baseball. He loves to play catch at home. On Saturday, he will not only get to throw the ball around, he will be throwing out the first pitch. "He is grateful for the opportunity to throw out the first pitch for a Rangers' game. He is a true fan," says Joshua's mother, Suzanne Sanders.
The Miracle League of East Texas has received a Globe Life Texas Rangers Grant each of the past two years to help with equipment needs, uniforms, and league development. The Miracle League of East Texas is set to complete the construction of a rubberized-turf field this summer in Longview, Texas. The field will provide the area's first baseball field specifically built to meet the unique requirements of children with serious physical and mental disabilities. The field will feature lighting, covered bleachers, shade structures, dugouts, and a playground designed to completely accommodate wheelchairs and other assistive devices. Conservative estimates indicate there are more than 18,000 children in the area who will qualify to play in the league. In talking about the Globe Life Texas Rangers Grant Program, Suzanne went on to say, "Joshua is grateful for the donations the Rangers have made that will give him the opportunity soon to get off the side lines and get in the game."
Corey Jones, Globe Life's Senior Vice-President of Marketing also said, "Globe Life is proud to have Joshua throw out the first pitch. We believe that life insurance is a selfless act and what better way to show that than to help a young man realize a dream of playing ball."
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company Facts
- Founded in 1951
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Second largest issuer of ordinary individual life insurance policies in the U.S. since 2003 (reported by A.M. Best Company based on number of policies)
- Globe Life has earned the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company (as of 6/15)
Parent Company Facts
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #621 Fortune 1000 company – 2015
- Ranked #28 on Dallas Morning News 2015 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #68 on 2015 Texas 1000 list
Torchmark Corporation affiliates include:
- Liberty National Life Insurance Company
- American Income Life Insurance Company
- Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company
- United American Insurance Company
- Family Heritage Life Insurance Company
SOURCE Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company