CHICAGO, Nov. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Flying with children in tow can seem daunting. Reduce the hassle and stress by following these tips from the travel experts at The GO Group, LLC.
- Avoid flying during prime time and instead choose flights in the middle of the week and middle of the morning. Never take the last flight of the day to avoid being stranded at the airport due to delays.
- Let young children know what to expect at the airport to avoid meltdowns. It even helps to "practice" standing in line and going through security at home.
- Consider booking a private van or shared ride airport shuttle service. Most will pick you and your family up at home in a vehicle with plenty of room for luggage, gifts and gear.
- Purchase snap-on wheels for infant car seats if your baby will be riding in one. These can be taken onto the plane but should be disassembled prior to check in. While the FAA has no standards for flying with children, several companies offer portable safety restraints, chairs and vests for infants and toddlers, including Kids Fly Safe and Baby B'Air.
- Use the security lane designated for families. Babies need to be removed from carriers and strollers which then need to be placed on the X-ray belt. Children must walk independently through scanners, but the TSA is not allowed to separate children from parents or guardians. Children under the age of 12 no longer must remove their shoes. Visit the TSA website for complete rules.
- Toys, portable DVD players or iPads are a must to keep antsy children entertained. Bring gum and candy to help young ears adjust to changing air pressure. Keep lots of wipes handy, too.
Preparation and advanced knowledge of available options are keys to minimizing anxiety and stress when traveling with children. Other travelers will appreciate your efficiency, too!
The GO Group, LLC is a one-stop source for door-to-door airport shuttle services. Its members transport some 13 million passengers to and from airports in the United States, Mexico, Canada and Europe annually. Travelers can book ground transportation with both departure and destination airports through GO's website, www.goairportshuttle.com.
SOURCE The GO Group, LLC