AKRON, Ohio, Oct. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The ISSA/Interclean North America trade show was held October 20-23 in Las Vegas, Nev. GOJO Industries, the inventor of PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer and the leading global producer and marketer of skin health and hygiene solutions for away-from-home settings, shared its latest hand hygiene technology innovations to an audience of 16,000 attendees. Interactive presentations provided information on the GOJO SMARTLINK™ Hand Hygiene Solutions, new dispenser technology and sustainability progress.
SMARTLINK™ Hand Hygiene Solutions
The GOJO® SMARTLINK™ Portfolio continues to advance electronic hand hygiene compliance technology with the next generation of software and reporting. GOJO also introduced a new mobile application designed to collect data and facilitate real-time reporting.
The current SMARTLINK™ Hand Hygiene Solutions demonstrated at ISSA included the following:
- GOJO SMARTLINK™ Activity Monitoring System monitors and measures compliance on a community level providing real-time actionable data by floor, unit or room.
- GOJO SMARTLINK™ Integrated Technology is compatible with most leading healthcare technology platforms, such as Real Time Locating Systems (RTLS), and provides hand hygiene compliance at an individual level by communicating with RTLS-enabled employee badges.
- GOJO SMARTLINK™ Clinician-Based Support provides GOJO clinicians who become part of the hospital's infection prevention team and provide customized implementation, on-site audits, setup, baseline measurements and detailed improvement plans.
- GOJO SMARTLINK™ Observation System is a mobile application and accompanying web-based software that facilitates the electronic collection and collation of hand hygiene and personal protective equipment metrics.
PURELL ES™ Everywhere System
The PURELL ES™ Everywhere System is one of the smallest, most versatile and appealing systems in the market. The system is designed to fit in places unable to accommodate traditional dispensers and where hand hygiene is critical. These critical hand hygiene areas are where customers and employees touch money, specifically cashier's stations, ATMs, bank teller windows and vending machines; in healthcare areas including nurses' stations, reception desks and elevator banks; and in food handling areas such as bulk food areas, buffets, and condiment and restaurant tables.
Hand Sanitizing Wipes Technology
GOJO featured its new SIMPUL™ Nozzle Technology at ISSA. The technology used for both PURELL® Hand Sanitizing Wipes and GOJO Wet Shop Towels provide one-wipe dispensing that virtually eliminates roping, providing one wipe with every pull. The new technology reduces waste and provides significant cost savings over other wipes. Additional benefits of the technology include a re-wetting design and consistent saturation with every towel.
GOJO® FMX-20™ High-Capacity Manual Dispensing System
GOJO shared the upgraded GOJO FMX-20 high-capacity system with attendees at ISSA. The new dispenser enhancements include advanced materials and construction making it the most robust high-capacity system on the market. This system has a larger sight window for quick refill monitoring and new fresh design based on trend colors and decoration.
GOJO Sustainability Progress
The GOJO Purpose—Saving Lives and Making Life Better through Well-Being Solutions—drives the company's commitment toward greater social, environmental and economic sustainability. It has created products, processes and programs that achieve results for all three domains.
Recently the company was recognized as a winner of the 2015 Champion of Change Award by Practice Greenhealth, the nation's leading healthcare community that empowers its members to increase their efficiencies and environmental stewardship while improving patient safety and care through tools, best practices and knowledge. GOJO was recognized for its dedication to advancing its social, environmental and economic sustainability goals. Examples of this include:
- Social - GOJO positively impacts public health and enhances the quality of people's lives by helping reduce risks to health and well-being. The company is dedicated to its long-term social sustainability goal of delivering well-being to one billion people every day and has seen a 51% increase since 2010 towards this goal. GOJO provides solutions to hospitals to help decrease healthcare-associated infections through hand hygiene products and technology, including the GOJO SMARTLINK™ Hand Hygiene Solution. In addition, GOJO has worked with hospitals to identify a portfolio of products tailored to the healthcare industry that are environmentally friendly.
- Environmental – GOJO exceeded its 2015 sustainability goals, set in 2010, two years early. This resulted in the reduction of water usage by 50 percent, reduction in solid waste generated by 46 percent and reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 52 percent.
- Economic – GOJO works with many collaborative partners to create sustainable value through new practices, products and solutions to create economic value for customers, distributors, vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders through streamlined packaging and efficient shipping practices.
Another example includes a sustainable end-of-life program for old soap and sanitizer dispensers. Upon removal of the old dispenser, GOJO provides documentation to the customer that verifies the dispensers were recovered and recycled responsibly. To date more than 20,000 used dispensers have been recycled, which has resulted in diverting 10 tons of waste from landfills. In addition, for those facilities that inquire about re-use options, GOJO has shared its experience of transforming the used dispensers into birdhouses, piggy banks and more through fun craft projects. For more information go to www.gojo.com/sustainability.
GOJO Industries is the inventor of PURELL® Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer and the leading global producer and marketer of skin health and hygiene solutions for away-from-home settings. The broad GOJO product portfolio includes hand cleaning, handwashing, hand sanitizing and skin care formulas under the GOJO®, PURELL® and PROVON® brand names. GOJO formulations use the latest advances in the science of skin care and sustainability. GOJO is known for state-of-the-art dispensing technology, engineered with attention to design, sustainability and functionality. GOJO programs promote healthy behaviors for hand hygiene, skin care and compliance in critical environments. GOJO is a family owned corporation headquartered in Akron, Ohio, USA, with offices in the United Kingdom, France, Australia, Japan and Brazil.
SOURCE GOJO Industries