AKRON, Ohio, April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Shareholders of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE: GT) today re-elected 12 members of the company's Board of Directors.
- James C. Boland, former president, chief executive officer and vice chairman, Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC;
- James A. Firestone, executive vice president and president, corporate operations, Xerox Corporation;
- Werner Geissler, vice chairman, global operations, The Procter & Gamble Company;
- Peter S. Hellman, retired president and chief financial and administrative officer, Nordson Corporation;
- Richard J. Kramer, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Goodyear;
- W. Alan McCollough, retired chairman and chief executive officer, Circuit City Stores Inc.;
- Rodney O'Neal, chief executive officer and president, Delphi Automotive LLP;
- Shirley D. Peterson, retired partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP;
- Stephanie A. Streeter, former chairman, president and chief executive officer, Banta Corporation;
- G. Craig Sullivan, retired chairman and chief executive officer, The Clorox Company;
- Thomas H. Weidemeyer, retired senior vice president and chief operating officer, United Parcel Service, Inc.; and
- Michael R. Wessel, president, The Wessel Group Inc.
The appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for 2011 was also ratified by shareholders.
In votes on advisory resolutions, shareholders approved the compensation of the company's named executive officers and indicated the company should seek such a vote every year, consistent with the Board's recommendations.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs approximately 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear or its products, go to www.goodyear.com.
SOURCE The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company