SALISBURY, Md., Sept. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A new web article launched by Great Value Colleges picks 50 of the "techiest" high-tech schools in the world and ranks them in order of achievements and reputation. "The 50 Most Technologically Advanced Universities" names dozens of colleges and universities in the United States along with several international locations in a methodical, point-based ranking.
The editors of Great Value Colleges pored through hundreds of candidates to find their top picks for 50 high-tech universities. "Points were given for technologically-relevant criteria, which included major innovations and advancements in technology, the numbers of Nobel laureates currently on campus or among members of the alumni, any prestigious national or international awards in technology, opportunities for undergraduate research abroad and more," said editor Autumn Naugle. The article provides a photo of each of the universities and a few key reasons why they are recognized as technologically advanced schools.
Colleges and universities with far-reaching programs in technology can offer major advantages to entire campus communities and the world. Undergraduates who are able to engage in meaningful research and innovation are better qualified to enter the modern workforce, and they typically experience greater job satisfaction and higher salaries, according to the U.S. Department of Education and other industry sources. The new article by Great Value Colleges reveals the high value of high-tech schools, and "The 50 Most Technologically Advanced Universities" is available now at this URL: http://www.greatvaluecolleges.net/50-most-technologically-advanced-universities/
Following is the complete ranking for the 50 top, high-tech universities in the world according to the quality point system developed by Great Value Colleges:
50. Wofford College: Spartanburg, South Carolina, U.S.
49. Athabasca University: Athabasca, Alberta, Canada
48. University of Missouri Columbia: Columbia, Missouri, U.S.
47. Hamilton College: Clinton, New York, U.S.
46. Colgate University: Hamilton, New York, U.S.
45. University of California San Diego: San Diego, California, U.S.
44. Pomona College: California, U.S.
43. University of Richmond: Richmond, Virginia, U.S.
42. Harvey Mudd College: Claremont, California, U.S.
41. Technical University of Dortmund: Dortmund, Germany
40. Utah State University: Logan, Utah, U.S.
39. Ben-Gurion University of the Negev: Beer-Sheva, Israel
38. University of Massachusetts Boston: Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
37. Brigham Young University: Provo, Utah, U.S.
36. Rochester Institute of Technology: Rochester, New York, U.S.
35. Aalborg University: Aalborg, Denmark
34. Wake Forest University: Winston-Salem, North Carolina, U.S.
33. Delft University of Technology: Delft, The Netherlands
32. Australian National University: Canberra, ACT, Australia
31. Al-Farabi Kazakh National University: Almaty, Kazakhstan
30. University of Texas ó Austin: Austin, Texas, U.S.
29. National University of Singapore: Singapore
28. University of Melbourne: Australia
27. Auckland University of Technology: Auckland, New Zealand
26. Montana State University: Bozeman, Montana, U.S.
25. University of Waterloo: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
24. University of Tokyo: Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
23. Academy of Art University: San Francisco, California, U.S.
22. Washington University ó St. Louis: St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
21. University of Bologna: Bologna, Italy
20. University of Sussex: Brighton and Hove, England, United Kingdom
19. University of Toronto: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
18. Nanyang Technological University: Singapore
17. University of Michigan: Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.
16. Technische Universitat Munchen (TUM): Munich, Germany
15. Princeton University: Princeton, New Jersey, U.S.
14. Technion-Israel Institute of Technology: Haifa, Israel
13. Purdue University: West Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.
12. Oxford University: England, United Kingdom
11. Georgia Institute of Technology: Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
10. Cambridge University: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
9. Stanford University: Alto, California, U.S.
8. University of California Los Angeles: Los Angeles, California, U.S.
7. Carnegie Mellon University: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.
6. Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
5. Imperial College London: London, England, United Kingdom
4. Cornell University: New York, U.S.
3. California Institute of Technology: Pasadena, California, U.S.
2. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology: Zurich, Switzerland
1. Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne: Lausanne, Switzerland
About: Great Value Colleges is a complete online guide to the best schools at the right price for each individual. College students can browse the site for free to get school rankings by region, topic and major, and learn how to get a good return on tuition investments.
SOURCE Great Value Colleges