BOCA RATON, Fla., Feb. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Green Apple Entertainment has acquired North American rights to a five-title library of urban films from Bag Talk Entertainment for distribution on television, VOD, DVD/Blu-ray and digital platforms.
Included in the acquisition are three documentaries, a feature film and a six-episode mini-series:
- The follow up to the highly successful American Rap Stars, American Rap Stars 2 shares exclusive access to Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, The Game and other high-profile rap artists from New York to Los Angeles.
- In How to Make a Major Independent Movie, Sticky Fingaz hosts this fascinating journey with behind-the-scenes footage and exclusive interviews with some of today's biggest stars, including Dennis Quaid, Omar Epps, Cedric The Entertainer, Vivica A. Fox, David Caruso and Patrick Swayze, among others.
- Napoleon: Life of an Outlaw, shot by former member of Tupak Shakur's infamous, multi-platinum rap group Outlawz. Gain insider access in this doc that 2Pac fans won't want to miss!
- Brooklyn Knight: When two rival basketball coaches (Kirk "Sticky Fingaz" Jones and Khalil Kain) fall out over a bad call in a championship game, things only heat up when Knight Mathews hooks up with the lovely Brooklyn Taylor, the cousin of his newfound rival.
- Mahjongg: Set in New York City's Chinatown, it's The Sopranos meets The Wire meets Big Trouble in Little China in this gritty, fast-paced crime series about loyalty, betrayal and consequences. Starring Hassan Johnson, Fredro Starr and Jennifer Dong.
Bag Talk Entertainment is a multimedia company that distributes music, film and other content. With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, CEO Omar "Iceman" Sharif has worked with such iconic artists as Jay-Z, Mariah Carey, Jamie Foxx, Run DMC and Snoop Dogg, among many others; and sold over 100 million records. Sharif has executive produced nine films, directed three hit documentaries and landed a $2 million deal with Lionsgate Entertainment for the film A Day in the Life. President of Acquisitions for Bag Talk Entertainment is Robert "Hustle" Hisquierdo, who also spearheads day-to-day operations.
Green Apple Entertainment is a leading international distributor of quality, independent entertainment on DVD, Blu-ray, download and streaming platforms and cable VOD. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Fla., Green Apple works directly with filmmakers to cultivate superior filmmaking for a variety of genres – including action, drama, romance, thrillers, horror/sci-fi, documentaries, family and animation – and fresh new viewing experiences for a diverse array of audiences. Green Apple was founded in 2005 by industry veteran Tim Warren. Visit us online at: http://greenappleent.com.
Greenleaf & Associates – 323.660.5800
Vicki Greenleaf @ firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Green Apple Entertainment