CAMBRIDGE, England, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Green Energy Options (geo) is proud to announce the launch of its "Connected System" architecture, which gives service providers all the pieces they need to build customised, own-brand energy management solutions for their retail customers. geo's components work seamlessly together to provide a consistent and integrated in-home, online and mobile consumer experience.
All of the components within the architecture are interoperable and link to a central hub, which connects to the Internet and collects, stores and transports data securely around the system. Interfaces capture and present energy information from a range of devices, including existing and smart energy meters, temperature sensors, Smart Plugs and heating controls.
geo's flexible platform provides at least four ways to view this information:
- An Application Programme Interface (API) that enables service providers to integrate customer consumption data into their own systems and portals in a dynamic and secure way
- HTML5 widgets; fundamental building blocks of code which can be readily integrated into the provider's own content management system and customer portals
- A geo-managed web portal, energynote, which can be branded, customised and operated on behalf of the service provider
- A range of in-home energy displays.
The Connected System provides the core foundation of a retail consumer proposition, integrated into and enhancing the service provider's own products and services. In addition, providers can choose from geo's suite of complementary propositions, which include:
- Visibility – a feedback system that enables consumers to realise the benefits of smart meters by providing insights into their energy consumption
- Discovery – a fully interactive consumer engagement platform that uses crowd sourcing and big data to encourage and reward behavioural change
- Solar – high tech, but simple-to-use, displays that provide homeowners the bigger picture of their panels' capabilities so that they can maximise their return on investment
- Comfort – a temperature system that allows busy people to use a mobile app and portable, wireless thermostat to micro-manage the temperature and comfort of their home.
Established clients are already using some or all of geo's Connected System. For example, Fortum customers use geo's solar in-home display, which connects to Fortum's web portal in Sweden via geo's energynote online platform. Non-energy service providers, such as national telco Telekom Slovenije – who are trialling a fully connected system from geo – can also use the platform.
geo's Chief Executive Officer, Patrick Caiger-Smith, observes: "We have been working with large-scale service providers for nearly a decade, helping them introduce wider services to their customers and, as important, assisting their customers to be more energy efficient. With our Connected System, this capability now extends to a full home energy management suite, which is fully integrated. Research shows that customers find simple-to-use systems like geo's very appealing and they reflect very positively on brands for innovation and talk value."
For further information, contact Simon Anderson, CSO, +44 1223 850 210.
About Green Energy Options (geo)
geo is a consumer engagement company which designs and produces in-home energy and water displays, online services and mobile applications that engage with consumers. We enable utility suppliers, meter manufacturers and installers to strengthen the relationship with their customers by putting them in control of their energy and water consumption and budgets in a visual, informative and engaging way. Our products and services work together with pre-smart and smart meters and even with microgeneration, making an efficient home possible.
Connecting with consumers (main brochure)
Read more news from Green Energy Options.
SOURCE Green Energy Options