OAKLAND, Calif., Nov. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In October, California took a major step toward regulating and licensing the medical cannabis industry by passing three bills under the Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act (MMRSA). For California growers, manufacturers and dispensaries that intend to operate legal, for-profit businesses in 2018, the licensing process starts now.
Green Rush Consulting (GRC), a Bay Area cannabis consulting firm, is urging medical cannabis groups to start preparing business strategies and compliance plans now, in order to receive priority licensing when the new policies take effect in 2018.
On December 10-11 in Santa Rosa, GRC will host workshops for a limited number of growers, manufacturers, and dispensary operators who want to get ahead of the curve and establish a business entity with local and state agencies. In 2018, the state will prioritize any cannabis operation that can demonstrate that it was "in operation and in good standing with [its] local jurisdiction by January 1, 2016."
During the 4-hour workshop, the GRC team will meet individually with clients to provide expert advice on the legal and accounting aspects of their businesses, and start the process of filing paperwork that will pave the way for a successful transition into California's legal cannabis market. The workshop will include:
- Applying for a seller's permit from the State Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Consulting with an accountant to establish financial objectives and receive advice on filing taxes
- Consulting with a lawyer to discuss both non-profit and for-profit incorporation options
- Consulting with a GRC expert to discuss the specifics of a cultivation, manufacturing or dispensary operation
- Consulting with a GRC expert to create a preliminary business plan outline, including an executive summary
- Consulting with a GRC expert to discuss Proposition 215, SB 420, and local medical cannabis guidelines, and how to best comply with these rules until the new MMRSA regulations take effect
- A VIP Happy Hour with speakers Hezekiah Allen, sustainable cannabis cultivation expert, and Lev Mallinger, Founder of CannaBooks Accounting services
Over the last five years, GRC has won licenses and developed best practices for cannabis businesses in states across the U.S., and the company is now focused on helping clients navigate California's soon-to-be regulated market.
"One of our company's main goals is to level the playing field and give all cannabis growers and manufacturers an opportunity to establish a business entity in the California market," said Zeta Ceti, CEO of Green Rush Consulting. "In our December workshops, we will share strategic advice on how to proceed over the next two years in order to have the best possible chance of winning a license."
Workshops are by appointment only, on December 10-11 in Santa Rosa. To schedule an appointment, contact Dani Baldacci: Email / 510-479-7327
Workshops will also be available on a limited basis in Oakland and Humboldt County.
Green Rush Consulting
Email / 510-479-7327
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/green-rush-consulting-jump-starts-licensing-process-for-california-cannabis-growers-and-manufacturers-300184662.html
SOURCE Green Rush Consulting