LONDON, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The GSMA today announced several new speakers for the Mobile 360 Series-Middle East conference, including C-level executives from Du, NEC, Ooredoo and Viva Bahrain, among others. Mobile 360-Middle East will take place 21-22 October in Dubai and will be co-located with GITEX at the Dubai World Trade Centre in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
"In just three weeks, the inaugural Mobile 360-Middle East conference will bring together leaders of companies across the mobile ecosystem to explore region-specific trends, as well as opportunities and challenges facing our industry in the region," said Michael O'Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. "Mobile 360-Middle East attendees will have the unique opportunity to hear perspectives and keen insights from leading CEOs, senior executives and subject matter experts and also share experiences and learnings with colleagues."
Senior executives from leading mobile companies across the region have recently been confirmed to speak in the Mobile 360-Middle East keynote and conference programme, including:
- Jayhun Mollazade, CEO, Azqtel
- Osman Sultan, CEO, Du
- Keiichi J. Miyahara, Corporate Chief Engineer, Mobile Network Operations Unit, NEC
- Cynthia Gordon, Group Chief Commercial Officer, Ooredoo
- Dr. Tarik Yousef, CEO, Silatech
- Andrew Hanna, Chief Commercial Officer, Viva Bahrain
These leaders join previously announced speakers in the conference:
- Lars Fjeldsoe-Nielsen, Head of Mobile, Dropbox
- Anne Bouverot, Director General, GSMA
- Anders Lindblad, President, Region Middle East, Ericsson
- Ahmad Julfar, Group CEO, Etisalat
- George Held, Vice President, Commerce, Etisalat
- Bob Cai, Vice President, Wireless Network Marketing, Huawei
- Muhammad Atif Jamil, Director, Mobile Broadband Solutions, Middle East Region, Huawei Technologies
- Aaron Oliver, Head, Emerging Payments, MasterCard International
- Dr. Nasser Marafih, CEO, Ooredoo
- Ziad Matar, Head, Middle East and Central Asia, Qualcomm
Mobile 360-Middle East, featuring visionary keynote presentations, thought-provoking interviews and interactive panel sessions, will address the most pressing issues, opportunities and challenges facing the mobile industry. The conference will examine a wide range of topics of interest in the Middle Eastern region including mobile commerce and NFC; the role of mobile in industry sectors such as automotive, healthcare and smart cities; network evolution strategies; and the implications of big data for mobile, among others.
Industry leaders supporting Mobile 360-Middle East include Host Event Sponsor, Etisalat; Ooredoo, Platinum Event Sponsor; Ericsson, Gold Event Sponsor; and Huawei, Silver Event Sponsor. Mobile World Capital Barcelona is a Global Partner for GSMA events.
For more information on Mobile 360-Middle East, including the conference agenda and registration information, please visit www.mobile360series.com/middle-east/.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning more than 220 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world's mobile operators with 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and Internet companies, as well as organisations in industry sectors such as financial services, healthcare, media, transport and utilities. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress and Mobile Asia Expo.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.