LONDON, May 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The GSMA today announced speakers for the GSMA Mobile Money Summit 2011, which will be held 27-30 June at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore. The agenda features thought-leading conference sessions addressing a range of areas across NFC, mobile money transfer and mobile money services for developing countries. The conference programme includes topics such as 'NFC Takes Centre Stage'; 'Untapped Markets and Opportunities for Mobile Money'; 'A Look at Emerging Asia'; 'Innovation in mPayments' and 'Customer Analytics and Behaviour' and comprises presentations and stimulating speeches from exceptional mobile money industry leaders including:
- Anthony Belpaire, Vice President, Mobile Wallet, Alcatel-Lucent
- Irianto Kusumadjaja, Director, Information Technology and Operations, Bank Andara
- Tomasz J. Smilowicz, Global Head of Mobile Solutions, Citi
- Tomas Korseman, Head, Business Development and Strategy, Money Services, Ericsson
- Elio Vitucci, Managing Director, Experian MicroAnalytics
- Paolo J. Baltao, President, G-Exchange, Inc.
- Ernest Cu, President and CEO, Globe Telecom
- Delwar Hossain Azad, Head, Financial Services, Grameenphone
- Jeremy Leach, Group Business Development, Hollard
- Alberto J. Jimenez, Mobile Payments Leader, IBM Corporation
- Peter van Leeuwen, Strategy and Business Development Manager, KPN
- Claire Featherstone, Head of M-Commerce, Maxis
- Jan Volzke, Director, Mobile Product Management, McAfee, Inc.
- Diep Nguyen, CEO, M Service
- Prateek Shrivastava, Managing Director , Africa Monitise Group plc
- Thierry Barba, Director, Ecosystem Development, Orange
- Amol Patel, Head of Emerging Markets, PayPal Mobile
- Zahir Khoja, Executive Director of Mobile Money, Roshan
- Betty Mwangi, Chief Officer, New Products, Safaricom
- Jojo Malolos, Group Head, Financial Services, SMART Communications
- Pablo Montesano, Director, New Business Development, Telefonica S.A.
- Arif Abdul Qayyum, Director, Financial Services, Telenor Pakistan
- Vincent Kadar, CEO, Telepin Software
- Mohammad Khan, President and Founder, ViVOtech, Inc
- Lee-Anne Pitcaithly, Acting CEO, WING
The Mobile Money Summit will feature two days of exhibition showcase and conference sessions, augmented by two days of invitation-only industry meetings designed to create dialogue around the opportunities and progress for the broad mobile money ecosystem. The GSMA will utilise its central role in the mobile industry to provide a unique opportunity for delegates and exhibitors from both industries and their wider ecosystems to interact and share experiences in a world-class environment.
"The Mobile Money ecosystem continues to expand at an extraordinary speed, and has led to increased access to financial services as well as the creation of new financial instruments around the world to the benefit of millions," said Neil Daly, Director, Mobile Money, GSMA. "The Mobile Money Summit provides an important forum for discussion, networking and showcasing the latest developments and solutions in this rapidly evolving and dynamic marketplace."
The hugely popular complimentary 'Mobile Money Accelerator Classes' which were introduced at the Mobile Money Summit 2010 in Rio, will be held each morning before the main conference sessions with content tailored to that day's conference topics. On Monday June 27, Bankable Frontier Associates will again be hosting the 'Executive Regulatory Training for Mobile Operators' event, a one-day, invitation-only workshop, which explores the link between regulation and strategy and explains the most important regulatory concepts of mobile money. On the last day of the event, the GSMA's exclusive Leadership Forum will bring together a large number of decision makers from mobile operators and central banks to discuss how to promote dialogue between financial regulators and the operator community.
Visa is the Platinum Event Sponsor for the Mobile Money Summit exhibition showcase and conference programme. For more information on the Mobile Money Summit, including details on how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, please visit www.mobilemoneysummit.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning 219 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world's mobile operators, as well as more than 200 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies, and media and entertainment organisations. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as the Mobile World Congress and Mobile Asia Congress.
- Over one billion customers have access to a mobile phone but no access to formal financial services
- There are over 90 live mobile money deployments around the works, 27 of which are in South Asia
- Over 80 per cent of these deployments are in developing markets
- Research has shown that mobile money products and services create significant revenue benefits, not just from transactions, but also cost savings from airtime sales along with churn reduction and a rise in ARPU. Mobile money generates profit.