BATTLE CREEK, Mich., March 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Liquid nitrogen Froot Loops® cheesecake bites. Cocoa Krispies® cocktails. Special K® falafel sliders. Unicorn Cereal™ cotton candy bowls. Those were just a few of the Insta-worthy creations on the menu last night at the first-ever cereal bash to ring in National Cereal Day.
In honor of today's "national food holiday," Kellogg's hosted Academy Award-nominated actress, multi-platinum selling recording artist and cereal lover Hailee Steinfeld at Kellogg's NYC Café to celebrate with some of cereal's biggest fans.
During the event, partygoers were able to feast on exciting cereal-themed creations – including cereal bites, cocktails and a liquid nitrogen cereal bar – for more than three hours before dancing the night away to a performance by Hailee Steinfeld and a cereal-themed New Year's-style countdown at midnight.
To celebrate the occasion, Kellogg's NYC Café – the largest cereal café in the country – was transformed overnight into National Cereal Day headquarters. The party included mixes by DJ Flipside, larger-than-life cereal boxes suspended from the ceiling, a photo booth with cereal-themed party favors, colorful confetti and a giant disco "bowl" which lit up at the stroke of midnight.
"It's about time cereal had its own holiday!" said Hailee Steinfeld. "I had no idea there were so many ways to play with and imagine cereal differently, these special Kellogg's DIY recipes are delicious! I love a good classic bowl with milk, but now I have some fun ideas to spice up my cereal routine!"
The event kicked off a two-day celebration that continues today.
"Kellogg's NYC Café continues to spark creativity by encouraging people to reimagine what a bowl of cereal can be -- and even the bowl is optional," said Aleta Chase, Kellogg's Marketing Director. "It made sense to celebrate this modern, inventive approach to how we think of food on National Cereal Day."
Those who can't make it to Kellogg's NYC Café to celebrate National Cereal Day can jump in on the fun at home by re-creating some of the featured recipes (available at www.kelloggsnyc.com) or by sharing some of their own combinations on social media using #NationalCerealDay! Menu items include:
- Ham and Kellogg's® Apple Jacks® CroquettesKellogg's Apple Jacks®, Milk, Parmesan Cheese, Ham, Eggs, Shallots
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies® ShrimpKellogg's Rice Krispies®, Shrimp, Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping
- Falafel SlidersKellogg's Special K®, Chickpeas, Fava Beans, English Peas, Mushrooms, Mint, Parsley, Onion, Greek Yogurt, English Cucumber, Slider Buns
- Kellogg's Corn Pops® Corn DogClassic Hot Dog, Corn Pops® Coating, Deli Mustard
- Kellogg's Raisin Bran® Bread PuddingKellogg's Raisin Bran®, Heavy Cream, Eggs, Sugar
- Kellogg's Froot Loops® Mini CupcakesKellogg's Froot Loops®, Mini Cupcakes, Butter, Powdered Sugar, Milk, Vanilla Extract
- Confetti BowlKellogg's Rice Krispies®, Treat House 'confetti' Krispie Treat, Yellow Cake Mix – inspired by Hailee Steinfeld
- Strawberries & Champagne BowlKellogg's Special K Original®, Strawberry Powder, Pink Champagne Gummies, Pink Chocolate Curls, Strawberry Milk
- The Black Tie BowlKellogg's Cocoa Krispies®, Silver Meringue Drops, Gold Confetti and Whipped Cream
- Unicorn Bowl Kellogg's® Unicorn Cereal, Cotton Candy, Cotton Candy-flavored pop candy
- Loopy Kellogg's Froot Loops® Cocktail (or Mocktail!)Kellogg's Froot Loops®- infused soda, Rum (optional)
- Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies® Cocktail (or Mocktail!) Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies®, Chocolate Milk, Vanilla Syrup, Vodka (optional)
Kellogg's also partnered with Chef Santiago Gomez to craft several Latin American-inspired recipes. Dishes include:
- Horchata Kellogg's Rice Krispies®Kellogg's Rice Krispies®, Horchata Milk, Frozen Pomegranate
- Special K® Mexican Chocolate Milk Kellogg's Special K Original®, Mexican Chocolate, Milk, Honey, Pumpkin Seeds, Amaranth, Shaved Coconut, Agave Honey
To try some of the new recipes and for some DIY fun, cereal lovers can head to Kellogg's NYC Café today, Wednesday, March 7, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The first 1,000 attendees who purchase a bowl will receive a free box of cereal.
Kellogg's NYC Café is located at 31 E 17th St. in Union Square. For more information on how Kellogg's® and Hailee Steinfeld are celebrating National Cereal Day, check out Kellogg's NYC Café's Instagram and Facebook, or Hailee Steinfeld's Instagram. All recipes can be found on Kellogg's NYC Café website at KelloggsNYC.com/NCD.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we strive to make foods people love. This includes our beloved brands – Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg's Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – that nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and more than 1,600 foods, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. And we're a company with a heart and soul, committing to help create 3 billion Better Days by 2025 through our Breakfasts for Better Days global purpose platform. To learn more, visit www.KelloggCompany.com or www.OpenforBreakfast.com and follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTube and on our Social K corporate blog.
About Hailee Steinfeld
Republic Records recording artist Hailee Steinfeld quickly cemented herself as a force to be reckoned with in pop music with a series of hits such as the 2015 platinum-certified debut single "Love Myself," the triple platinum-selling smash "Starving" with Grey [feat. Zedd], the platinum-selling summer anthem "Most Girls," and platinum-certified single, "Let Me Go." To date, the multiplatinum-selling artist has amassed a total of nearly 2 billion streams globally.
Steinfeld recently released a new song, "Capital Letters," which is featured on the Fifty Shades Freed Original Soundtrack. Up next, she joins Kelly Clarkson as a guest advisor on NBC's The Voice and will hit the road with Charlie Puth on The Voicenotes Tour this Summer.
In addition to her thriving music career, Steinfeld is an Academy Award-nominated and critically acclaimed leading actress.
SOURCE Kellogg Company