HOUSTON, April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- E&P magazine will recognize the winners of its 2012 Hart Energy Meritorious Award for Engineering Innovation on the opening day (April 30) of the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston's Reliant Park and on May 15 at Hart Energy's Developing Unconventional Oil (DUO™) conference and exhibition in Denver.
"For more than 40 years, Hart Energy and its predecessors have been honored to announce the winners of the Meritorious Award for Engineering Innovation," said Rhonda Duey, executive editor, E&P. "This year's winners continue the tradition of technical innovation that has allowed our industry to progress steadily in the face of more challenging reservoirs and more hostile operating environments."
E&P's May 2012 issue will showcase the winners' technologies.
The honorees are as follows:
- Drill Bits: Tesco Corporation, XCD3 – Drillout Casing Drilling Bit
- Drilling Tools: Weatherford International, MotorySteerable™ Directional Control System
- Drilling Fluids: M-I SWACO (a Schlumberger company), Envirotherm NT System
- Honorable Mention: Halliburton, Tuned Space V Spacer Fluid
- Formation Evaluation: Halliburton, RockStrong™ Coring System
- Completions: Halliburton, EquiFlow® Autonomous Inflow Control Device
- Honorable Mention: Halliburton, Liner-Conveyed Gravel Pack System
- Exploration Technology: WesternGeco, Dual Coil Shooting Multivessel Full-Azimuth Acquisition
- Production Technology: Baker Hughes Inc., CENtigrade™ Ultra Temperature™ ESP System
- Intelligent Systems and components: Baker Hughes Inc., Vision Web-Based Monitoring System
- Stimulation: GASFRAC Energy Services Inc., GASFRAC Waterless LPG Gel
- IOR/EOR: GlassPoint, Single Transit Trough (STT) Technology
- Remediation: Schlumberger, LIVE Digital Slickline Services
- Honorable Mention: Halliburton, Rigless e-line Recompletion Solution
- Facilities: Offshore Solutions BV, Offshore Access System (OAS)
- HSE: Halliburton, CleanStream® Service
- Honorable Mention: Halliburton, Offshore Slop Unit
- Arctic/Deepwater Innovation: ION Geophysical, Under-Ice Seismic Data Acquisition
For 30-plus years, Hart Energy has been a leader covering energy news and technology for investors and executives. The Houston-based company produces magazines (Oil and Gas Investor, E&P, Midstream Business, and FUEL), online information services (A-Dcenter.com, epmag.com, OilandGasInvestor.com, and UGcenter.com), and industry newsletters, and provides upstream energy research and downstream consulting services. Hart Energy boasts exceptional strength in unconventional resources, e.g., its Developing Unconventionals (DUG™) conference series, its Global Shale Gas and Global Shale Oil studies, and more. Visit www.hartenergy.com for more information.
SOURCE Hart Energy