LAKE OSWEGO, Ore., May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- BIOTRONIK will be exhibiting and initiating discussion about the importance of extending care beyond the implant at the Heart Rhythm Society's 37th Annual Scientific Sessions, May 4-7 in San Francisco.
"Physicians and hospitals are tasked with continually delivering the highest quality of patient care and satisfaction possible. Part of that process means ensuring patients are cared for each and every tomorrow," said Marlou Janssen, President, BIOTRONIK, Inc. "Patient care must evolve to be more holistically focused on ensuring patients are able to live healthy, fulfilling lives with confidence. That requires all of us to think beyond a device or procedure and realize the potential impact on the years ahead for each patient. That is what it means to Care Beyond."
Attendees are invited to engage in the #CareBeyond discussion by participating in the following events:
- Tweet thoughts and images about the importance of extending care beyond the implant and what that means to physicians, hospitals, and patients using the hashtag #CareBeyond.
- Engage in real-time conversations about #CareBeyond via Twitter and watch the conversations happen on the conference center's social media walls.
- Stop by BIOTRONIK's booth to learn about medical technology that improves efficiency and cardiac patient outcomes beyond implantation. BIOTRONIK is highlighting BioMonitor 2, ProMRI technology, and Home Monitoring.
- Attend the Electrophysiolgists International Community (EPIC) Alliance welcome reception, sponsored by BIOTRONIK, on May 4 from 7-9 p.m. Founded in 2010, EPIC is a global network for female electrophysiologists.
- Visit poster presentations:
- "Stability and Clinical Use of Amplified Atrial Electrograms in a Single Lead ICD System Utilizing Floating Atrial Electrodes," May 4, 5-6:30 p.m.
- "Impact of Baseline PR Interval on Outcomes after CRT in Patients with Narrow QRS Complexes and Echocardiographically Detected Dyssynchrony: A Subgroup Analysis of the ECHO-CRT Trial," May 5, 1:45-2 p.m.
- "Asymptomatic Atrial Detection Using a Novel Single Chamber ICD with Atrial Sensing Capabilities," May 5, 1:45-2 p.m.
- "BioMonitor 2 Pilot Study: First in-human Experience with the Implantation of the BIOTRONIK BioMonitor 2 Implantable Cardiac Monitor," May 6, 9 a.m.-noon.
- "Institutional Experience with the BIOTRONIK Linox ICD Lead Performance," May 6, 2-5 p.m.
- "Ventricular Arrhythmia Events Before and After Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients with the Iforia Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator: A ProMRI Sub-study," May 6, 3:15-3:25 p.m.
BIOTRONIK's Care Beyond discussion during Heart Rhythm 2016 follows the recent FDA approval of its BioMonitor 2 cardiac monitor, approved for MRI scanning at 1.5T and 3.0T strength. BIOTRONIK today also issued the press release "BIOTRONIK Announces FDA Approval of MR Conditional Cardiac Resynchronization Defibrillators."
One of the world's leading manufacturers of cardio- and endovascular medical devices, BIOTRONIK is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and represented in over 100 countries. Several million patients have received BIOTRONIK implants designed to save and improve the quality of their lives, or have been treated with BIOTRONIK coronary and peripheral vascular intervention products. Since its development of the first German pacemaker in 1963, BIOTRONIK has engineered many innovations, including BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring®; Pulsar*, the world's first 4 F compatible stent for treating long lesions; Orsiro*, the industry's first hybrid drug-eluting stent; and the world's first implantable cardioverter defibrillators and heart failure therapy devices with ProMRI® technology.
* CAUTION – Investigational device. Limited by United States law to investigational use.