PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To continue streamlining the car rental process, The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ) launched the newest version of its mobile app, now available on iTunes. This version of the app features a new, modern redesign, along with several new features to provide customers with a convenient travel experience, including the ability to access the app in airplane mode to reschedule and update rentals while on the move, and to help customers Travel at the Speed of Hertz – anywhere, anytime.
"We listen closely to the feedback customers provide us. They wanted a new and improved app and we delivered," said Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "At Hertz we strive to make the rental experience as fast, easy and enjoyable as possible, and our new innovations and technologies, including the redesigned mobile app, are just the start of what's to come."
The updated app, built to harness each mobile device's available screen size, includes faster reservations and persistent log in. Bookings are much quicker with the new update, so there's no need to switch over to the Hertz website to book your vehicle or log in for every reservation. Enhanced location search options are also now available – now it's easy to find a location around the corner or across the country, wherever and whenever you need a car.
Additional features in this new version:
- Login once and stay logged in
- Enhanced location search options
- Works in airplane mode
- Future reservation information at your fingertips
- Fresh look & feel
The updates also include the same great features of the previous app, including:
- Special offers
- Quick access to Roadside Assistance
- Frequent deals
- Save your Member ID for speedy booking
- Find nearby locations
Hertz is committed to providing its customers speed, ease and value with technological innovations and personalized service. "Traveling at the Speed of Hertz" offers a variety of unique customer enhancements, which include:
- Carfirmation: Hertz's mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- confirms a Gold customer's reservation and advises of the car's location.
- Carfirmation Upgrade: Carfirmations also show other available cars and upgrades and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
- Hertz Gold Choice: Gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Hertz e-Return: The fastest way to return their car with receipt emailed to the customer in a flash.
- Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks: Hertz is the first car rental company to offer both airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through an interactive, live face-to-face video kiosk.
- Mobile Apps: As consumers continue to harness mobile technologies to take control of their travel experience, Hertz mobile apps offer everything from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz Mobile App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phone and import it into a calendar or to the award-winning Hertz NeverLost® GPS.
- Hertz 24/7 App: Members have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them with the ability to reserve a car or modify an existing reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations.
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty brands from approximately 11,200 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 9,770 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at approximately 130 major airports in Europe. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,410 corporate and franchisee locations in approximately 80 countries. Hertz is an inaugural member of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the thirteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 U.S. Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 14 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, also set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and operates the Hertz On Demand car sharing business. The Company also owns a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation