ST. LOUIS, July 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- After being shuttered since 2011, the original Hotel Lennox will re-open Sept. 2, the same day that the hotel originally opened in 1929, as The Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown/Convention Center Hotel. The newly revitalized hotel will be one of the most unique and historically significant Courtyard-branded hotels in the country. The hotel has undergone a major renovation, with an investment of $22M into the property and will operate as a Courtyard franchise, owned and managed Maritz Wolff & Co. whose principals are St. Louis natives and previously owned The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis.
This National Register of Historic Places property was originally designed by Preston Bradshaw, one of the most significant St. Louis architects in the 1920s. The hotel was built in the Renaissance Revival style and the most notable (and fully restored) interior features of the original building include green marble wainscoting, wood paneling and ornamental brass elevator lobby doors. The renovations blend the building's historical elements with modern day amenities offering:
- 165 suites converted to extra large guest rooms with new furnishings designed by St. Louis' Lawrence Group
- Wet bars, security safes, oversized refrigerators and 55" HD SMART TVs with the most current industry entertainment package
- Mid-century modern furnishings throughout including pieces inspired by Eames and Saarinen
- Commissioned artwork from well-known local artists
- Comfortable guest bathrooms featuring modern back lit mirrors and updated Spiekman shower heads
- State-of-the-art business center, 24/7 Market, Bistro and Starbucks coffee
- Fitness center featuring Life Fitness equipment
- 1,100 square feet of meeting space
- Home theater and library in open lobby
- Reward points to Marriott Rewards
Located within walking distance to numerous St. Louis' leading business, 40+ restaurants, and major sports and entertainment venues, the hotel is the only one physically connected to the Convention Center.
"The Hotel Lennox had some amazing architectural elements and a rich history that make the building truly unique and original; today it will offer downtown visitors an intimate boutique hotel option, with only eight rooms per floor – a dramatically different experience than one would find at most massive convention hotels. We are thrilled to be a part of revitalizing downtown St. Louis and strengthening its position in the business and tourism arenas," says Patrick Lowery, Principal, Maritz Wolff & Co.
SOURCE Courtyard by Marriott