BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Dec. 21, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Heading to the mountains for some skiing, snowboarding or other winter sports? Get geared up and stay connected with the Verizon Wireless network.
Verizon Wireless works year-round to enhance wireless service, increase calling capacity, and add new services nationwide, including improvements to its network at popular winter sports destinations. The nation's largest and most reliable 3G network enables skiers and snowboarders to maximize their time on the slopes and use their Verizon Wireless service to update online social media sites with photos from the day's events, provide friends with real-time updates on conditions, get the latest snow report, or make those après plans, whether on the lift or at the lodge.
Thanks to recent network enhancements, Verizon Wireless customers this season can enjoy increased coverage and/or capacity at even more popular mountain communities and ski resorts, including:
- California's Snow Summit Ski Resort and Moonridge Ski Resort in Big Bear Lake, and Mountain High in Wrightwood
- Colorado ski resorts in Aspen, Beaver Creek, Loveland, Snowmass, Telluride, Vail and Winter Park
- New York's Greek Peak Mountain Resort in Cortland and Swain Ski & Snowboard Resort in Swain
- Oregon's Mt. Hood Meadows in Mt. Hood and Timberline Lodge in Timberline
- Vermont's Magic Mountain Ski Area in Londonderry, Mount Snow Resort in West Dover, Okemo Mountain Resort in Ludlow, Smugglers' Notch Resort in Smugglers' Notch, and Stratton Mountain Ski Resort in Bondville
Chris Rogers, editor of Snowboarder Guide recently wrote about the Verizon Wireless 3G network in a DROID review. He wrote, "It's worth mentioning that Verizon's 3G is pretty impressive in the Colorado Rockies. The DROID has full 3G coverage at many of Colorado's ski resorts – checking e-mail has never been faster from the top of Steamboat at 10,500 feet."
Year-Round Network Commitment
Verizon Wireless' network enhancements are part of the company's aggressive multi-billion dollar network investment each year to stay ahead of the growing demand for voice and data services. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $60 billion in its nationwide network since it was formed – $5.7 billion on average every year.
With the Verizon Wireless 3G Network Extender, powder hounds can make sure their network connection is available in out of the way places. Customers with ski homes or condos where geography or structural conditions may interfere with reception can use the Verizon Wireless 3G Network Extender to help connect with the nation's largest and most reliable 3G network.
More Information Available
- Follow VZWNetwork on Twitter for ongoing network updates, enhancements and information.
- See video footage of Verizon Wireless' year-round network preparations across the country on YouTube and in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library.
- Find additional information on Verizon Wireless at www.verizonwireless.com.
Share Your Experience
Follow VZWNetwork on Twitter and let us know how the Verizon Wireless network helped you stay connected from the mountain, the ski lift or the lodge.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, Nasdaq: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Twitter Feed: http://twitter.com/VZWNetwork
SOURCE Verizon Wireless