EDGEWATER, N.J., Dec. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- It's easy to get caught up in the holiday season, and overindulging at holiday parties is no exception. This year we're going to help you make more balanced choices for the season. Lipton® and Knorr® have created nutritious versions of two holiday classics - Mexican Christmas Punch and Sancocho - that are sure to wow your friends in taste and presentation.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8462251-unilever-foods-make-meals-that-do-more-during-the-holidays/
Lipton® has created a Christmas Punch reminiscent of Mexico's ponche navideño, a fruity drink that makes every celebration even more festive. This recipe features Lipton® unsweetened 100% Natural Green Tea, which contains about 150 mg flavonoids per serving. 1
Pro Tip: If you're looking to cut down on calories, you can also eliminate the additional sugar without compromising taste.
Knorr's® Sancocho is a cold-weather favorite that is sure to bring back your favorite family memories and create nostalgia at your holiday gathering. This hearty stew is a Caribbean staple and features Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon.
Pro Tip: You can easily substitute with Knorr Reduced Sodium Chicken Flavor Bouillon to help limit sodium. Visit makemealsthatdomore.com for more nutritious recipes! #makemealsthatdomore
When you're not hosting, follow these 5 Tips to Survive the Holiday Party Circuit from Registered Dietitian and cookbook author Manuel Villacorta.
1. Treat the day or event like every other day and fill just one plate of food, instead of going for seconds. Pick your favorite items and enjoy those most, whether it's mashed potatoes or stuffing. However, allocate your portion and don't stuff yourself to the point of no return.
2. Bring a more nutritious version of your favorite foods to the event. There are many alternative recipes out there to change a high-fat/high-calorie dish without compromising flavor, like Knorr's hearty holiday Sancocho recipe.
3. Fill up on those veggies! Make sure to fill half your plate with non-starchy vegetables (this does not include potatoes and yams) and to munch on the crudité platter when available.
4. Two-Bite Rule: We all love sampling and tasting every dish at an event. In order not to go overboard and eat too much of the rich, buttery/oily/cheesy dishes, follow the 2-bite rule. As you portion out food to your plate, cut or break off enough food for about 2 bites. If you are at a sit-down dinner, find a fellow guest of family member who'd like to split a dish with you. Take your time to eat those items and truly savor the flavor.
5. Leave the leftovers with the host or send them along with the guests if you are hosting. This is the simplest, easiest way to not have tempting pies, cakes, and dishes lying around all week long.
1 A daily consumption of at least 400 mg flavonoids may help maintain a healthy heart as part of a diet consistent with dietary guidelines.
Media Contact: Melissa Vargas, Melissa.email@example.com