SPECIALTY LUXURY POSITIONING ENHANCED WITH NEW EXPERIENCES AND A 30% EXPANSION OF RETAIL SPACE
VANCOUVER, April 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ - Holt Renfrew today announced dynamic plans to enhance and expand its Vancouver flagship store, adding close to 40,000 square feet (ft2) of retail space and an array of new luxury experiences. Holt Renfrew Vancouver will be fully updated throughout, and expanded by 30%, reflecting an elevated flagship store model and innovative new retail concepts. The store will grow to approximately 190,000 ft2; offering experiences tailored and personalized for the Vancouver customer, and a curated journey of discovery throughout.
"We are excited about our growth plans and sharply focused on our unique position as Canada's specialty luxury retailer," said Holt Renfrew President Mark Derbyshire. "Our customers in Vancouver can look forward to more of the exceptional service and rich assortment of leading brands they have come to know and love at Holts."
As Canada's destination for luxury and style, Holt Renfrew is proud to offer over 60 of the world's leading collections on an exclusive basis, along with over 25 Canadian brands. This spring season alone, Holt Renfrew attended 164 runway shows around the world to bring the best in luxury and style home to Canada, and introduced 35 new designer brands.
Construction at Holt Renfrew Vancouver will begin in August 2015, and the store will remain open throughout, with enhancements complete by the end of 2016. The store will feature a newly expanded 200-foot storefront along Howe Street, updates to its street front and façade along Dunsmuir Street, and comprehensive renovations throughout the store, including the addition of a second signature atrium to showcase its world-renowned visual installations. Designed by New York based architectural firm Janson Goldstein, the new store will draw upon its existing architectural language, with luxurious material finishes and custom glazing details.
Exciting new retail concepts and experiences will include:
- A rich assortment of ready-to-wear and accessories customized uniquely to the sophisticated Vancouver customer, from leading partners such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Givenchy, Bottega Veneta, Gucci, Brunello Cucinelli and Prada, to note a few.
- A major expansion in the women's leather goods and footwear areas, which will each approximately triple in size, offering a rich assortment of luxury shops. The jewellery area will also increase by 50%, with exclusive new first-to-Canada luxury brand offerings
- Significant expansion and upgrades to the personal shopping area, which will almost double in size to 7,000 ft2 and include the luxury Apartment private shopping concept
- A distinct menswear experience, drawing inspiration from the Holt Renfrew Men concept, and tailored to the Vancouver customer
- A sophisticated dining experience: a new 80-seat Holts Café, a first for Vancouver. Taking inspiration from Holts Café experiences in other flagship markets, Holts Café Vancouver will uniquely celebrate the local community
Holt Renfrew has been part of the Vancouver community since 1975, expanding to its current location in 2007. Exciting plans for Vancouver are part of a national store expansion, which will result in a 40% increase in square footage, focused on flagship markets in Western Canada, the Toronto area, and Montreal.
Other milestones to date in the growth plan, part of a $300 million investment in the Holt Renfrew network, include:
- The 2014 unveiling of an expanded Holt Renfrew Yorkdale in Toronto, featuring innovative new concepts and boutiques from partners such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Miu Miu, Christian Dior and Gucci
- Holt Renfrew Men, which opened in October 2014 at 100 Bloor Street West, with a suiting and sartorial focus, offering a new tradition for menswear in Canada
- The announcement of a new Holt Renfrew Square One in Mississauga, to open in spring 2016
- The unveiling of a grand vision for Montreal, a new 220,000 ft2 store which will be among the largest in the networks, with updates underway through 2017
- Enhancement and expansion for Holt Renfrew Calgary, including the addition of new retail concepts
Updates for the flagship Holt Renfrew Bloor Street store will be announced later this year, and Holt Renfrew continues to pursue expansion opportunities for Holt Renfrew Edmonton.
"We are pleased to continually enhance our position as Canada's destination for luxury and style," said Mr. Derbyshire.
About Holt Renfrew
Celebrating a 178-year heritage, Holt Renfrew is recognized worldwide for an inspired shopping experience. Founded in 1837 as a modest hat shop, Holt Renfrew would soon become a purveyor of fashion to Her Majesty Queen Victoria. In the 1930s, Holt Renfrew began to establish exclusive accounts with leading European designers, hosting Monsieur Christian Dior himself in 1947 as he launched his "New Look". After many years of foreign ownership Holt Renfrew was acquired in 1986 by W. Galen and the Hon. Hilary M. Weston. Under Weston ownership Holt Renfrew has become Canada's destination for luxury retail. Visit us at www.holtrenfrew.com.
Holt Renfrew is part of Selfridges Group Limited. With extensive know-how and experience in operating luxury fashion retail stores, the Selfridges Group owns and operates leading heritage banners in key markets around the world, including Brown Thomas in Ireland; de Bijenkorf in The Netherlands; Holt Renfrew and Ogilvy in Canada, and Selfridges in the United Kingdom. Selfridges Group Limited is a family owned business, W. Galen Weston is Chairman.
SOURCE Holt Renfrew