ST. JACOBS, ON, April 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Home Hardware honored the best of the best from more than 1,080 stores this week by presenting 20 stores with the Proud of My Home Award and the top performing store with the Walter J. Hachborn Store of the Year Award at the annual Home Hardware Spring Market.
The recipient of this year's Walter J. Hachborn Store of the Year Award for retailing excellence is Hauser Home Hardware Building Centre in Camrose, Alberta, which is owned and operated by Rob Hauser.
"My staff and I are honored to have been selected as recipients of this prestigious award," said Rob Hauser, Dealer-Owner, Hauser Home Hardware Building Centre. "We take great pride in serving our customers and meeting the needs of contractors, do-it-yourselfers and home renovators with quality products and services."
To receive the Proud of My Home Award, stores must achieve the highest standards in retailing, merchandise presentation, staff performance and overall quality of the store. Recipients demonstrate excellence in staff performance and customer service; interior presentation including clear signing, tidiness, and merchandise presentation and displays; exterior presentation including cleanliness and attractive window displays; staff training; and participation in Dealer network initiatives.
From among the Proud of My Home Award recipients from coast to coast to coast, one store is chosen as the top store to receive the Walter J. Hachborn Store of the Year Award, which was presented by Home Hardware Stores Limited President and CEO, Paul Straus.
"These award recipients exemplify the hard work and entrepreneurial spirit shared by all Home Dealers. These Dealer-Owners and their Staff put in a total team effort to create the best experience possible for their customers," said Paul Straus, President and CEO of Home Hardware Stores Limited. "On behalf of more than 1,080 Home Hardware stores and their Dealers, I would like to congratulate the 2012 Proud of My Home Award recipients and Hauser Home Hardware Building Centre on these worthy accomplishments."
Congratulations to the following stores were awarded Proud of My Home Awards:
- Harris Home Hardware - London, Ontario
- Brantford Home Hardware - Brantford, Ontario
- Smith & Hladil Home Hardware Building Centre - Owen Sound, Ontario
- Keswick Home Hardware - Keswick, Ontario
- Orillia Home Hardware Building Centre - Orillia, Ontario
- Gananoque Home Hardware Building Centre - Gananoque, Ontario
- Timmins Home Hardware Building Centre - Timmins, Ontario
- Wellesley Home Centre - Wellesley, Ontario
- Tracadie Home Hardware - Tracadie-Sheila, New Brunswick
- Buck's Home Building Centre - Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
- Clarenville Home Hardware Building Centre - Clarenville, Newfoundland
- Kenora Home Hardware Building Centre - Kenora, Ontario
- Richards Home Hardware - Outlook, Saskatchewan
- Home Hardware Building Centre Creston - Creston, British Columbia
- Hauser Home Hardware Building Centre - Camrose, Alberta
- Pioneer Home Hardware Building Centre - Campbell River, British Columbia
- High Level Home Hardware - High Level, Alberta
- Les Entreprises Nova Inc. - Rawdon, Quebec
- Quincaillerie Nouvelle - France - Granby, Quebec
- Quincaillerie Home Hardware - Rimouski - Rimouski, Quebec
About Home Hardware Stores Limited
100% Canadian owned and operated, Home Hardware Stores Limited has a presence in every Canadian province and territory and is the country's largest independent, Dealer-owned hardware, lumber, building materials and furniture cooperative. Founded on January 1, 1964 by 122 independent hardware Dealers, the cooperative now includes more than 1,080 stores, under the Home Hardware, Home Building Centre, Home Hardware Building Centre and Home Furniture banners, with annual collective retail sales of more than $5 billion. Home Hardware's independent Dealer-Owners, recognized by the North American Retail Hardware Association as Canada's best-trained Dealer group, have access to 100,000 quality brand name and private label products, a world-class distribution system and draw upon the power of Home Hardware's network to provide their local communities with top quality products and services at competitive prices.
SOURCE Home Hardware Stores Limited
Image with caption: "Terry Davis, Executive Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer, Home Hardware Stores Limited, Rob Hauser and Angie Arksey, Dealer-Owners, Hauser Home Hardware Building Centre, Vikki Stang, Hardware Manager, Hauser Home Hardware Building Centre, Richard Badke, Area Manager, Home Hardware Stores Limited, Lance Shipley, Director, Retail Operations, Western Canada, Home Hardware Stores Limited (CNW Group/Home Hardware Stores Limited)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120424_C8563_PHOTO_EN_12672.jpg