CINCINNATI, April 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Caregivers and business owners from across the United States were honored last week in New Orleans as Home Helpers® Home Care held its Annual Conference. Highlights included Michael Gonzalez, president of Home Helpers of Downers Grove (Ill.) receiving the CEO Award, and Jamal Newberry of Home Helpers of Central Pennsylvania being named Exceptional Caregiver of the Year for his example of the commitment, compassion and professionalism that exemplify the mission of Home Helpers.
Also honored were four other professional Caregivers for their examples of compassionate professionalism serving families across the country.
"The Exceptional Caregiver Awards are the core of what we do as an organization," said Emma Dickison, CEO and President of Home Helpers Home Care. "It's our promise to be like family when family can't be there, and these professionals set the standard for our mission and our purpose."
Regional Exceptional Caregiver Honors were given to Lyndsay Renn of Home Helpers Nampa, Idaho; Ame Langham of Home Helpers North Central Texas; Liz Gonzalez of Home Helpers DuPage Suburbs, Illinois; and Stacy Crawford of Home Helpers Alpharetta, Georgia.
Other awards included:
- Pioneer Award for home care and business innovation: Grant Dow, president, Home Helpers of LaGrange, Ga.
- Bold ONE Award for service and leadership by a new owner: Ursella Slusher, owner of Home Helpers of East Tampa, Fla.
- Home Helpers Spirit of Adam Brown Award for contributions to the communities they serve: Patricia and George Jones, Home Helpers of Thousand Oaks, Calif. The Joneses have raised more that $20 million for non-profit organizations including youth groups and senior support services in their community.
- Brand Champion Awards for balancing business success with commitment to the mission and ideals of Home Helpers Home Care: John Bright of Kitsap, Wash.; Peggy Milne & Mitch Williams of San Mateo, Calif.; Wayne Gentry of London, Ky.; and Lynn Gardini of Central Pennsylvania.
- Shooting Star Awards for exceptional service, client satisfaction and operational efficiency were presented to Brian Davis of Hinsdale, Ill.; Tracey Boseman of Richmond, Va; Lisa Fausey of West Virginia Panhandle; and Bana Solomon of Northern California.
Each year, Home Helpers Home Care operators serving local communities across the United States gather at the Annual Conference to share best practices, improve their professional skills and honor the best of in-home care. The 2019 conference was held in New Orleans.
About Home Helpers Home Care
Since 1997, Home Helpers® Home Care has provided exceptional in-home care to seniors and others. With independently owned and operated offices in more than 1,000 communities across the United States, we are committed to supporting the dignity and independence of the families we serve. Learn more at HomeHelpersHomeCare.com. For franchising information, visit HomeHelpersFranchise.com.
Home Helpers is committed to recruiting veterans and service family members as owners, managers, administrators and at all levels in our network. Learn more at homehelpershomecare.com/military.
SOURCE Home Helpers Home Care