SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- RepairPal.com, the leading website for automotive service and repair, has released the first repair-driven Reliability Rating. Based on millions of vehicle repair orders from RepairPal's Certified Network of over 2,000 shops, the Reliability Rating is the first dependability metric to derive scores from real-world data.
"We wanted to take a fresh, data-driven approach to reliability," says Art Shaw, CEO of RepairPal. "While other studies are based on subjective surveys, we are in a unique position with our nationwide network of shops to use actual repair data. The best way we can help consumers is by providing research tools that enable them to make the most informed decisions about their cars."
Key findings from RepairPal's Reliability Rating include:
- Asian automakers dominate the ratings with Honda, Lexus, Hyundai, Mazda, Kia, Toyota, and Acura all scoring an Excellent rating of 4.5 out of 5.
- Honda led all brands in reliability, with their 3 most popular CR-V, Civic, and Accord models ranking in the top 10 most reliable cars.
- Lexus was the second most reliable brand overall and highest-ranking luxury brand due to Excellent ratings on the popular ES, IS, and RX models.
- Mazda and Kia were the most consistently reliable brands, ranking forth and fifth respectively and scoring 4.0 or higher on every model.
- The Toyota Yaris earned the top spot as the most reliable car due to its low cost of ownership and infrequent visits to shops. The BMW 335d scored lowest in reliability due to its high probability of expensive repairs.
RepairPal's Reliability Rating was derived from millions of repair orders on model years between 2010 through 2017. It is based on the cost, frequency, and severity of repairs. Vehicles that did not have sufficient data for statistical significance were omitted.
For additional information visit: https://repairpal.com/reliability
Established in 2007, RepairPal is bringing trust and peace-of-mind to auto repair.
At RepairPal.com, consumers have free access to a vast array of invaluable resources for taking care of their cars. The RepairPal Certified Network shows trusted shops that guarantee repairs are done at fair prices with quality parts and an expert, attentive staff. The RepairPal Fair Price Estimator™ ensures consumers never overpay for car repair again. By visiting RepairPal.com, consumers can get back on the road quickly and safely knowing they'll always receive quality work at fair prices. Learn more at: https://repairpal.com/
CONTACT: Kimberlea Buczeke, Community & Content at RepairPal, firstname.lastname@example.org