NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- HOW Design Live (@HOWbrand - #HOWLive), the biggest, most inspiring, educational and talked-about design event anywhere in the world, is gearing up for its 25th anniversary conference and expo, May 4 – 8 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
HOW Design Live is where creative professionals in all disciplines come to learn from the brightest minds in the creative industry — and beyond. It's where creatives can discover new ideas, new sources of inspiration, new skills, new connections with other creative professionals and come face-to-face with brand leaders, big thinkers, design heroes and innovative companies. Conference details and registration are at howdesignlive.com (early bird rates expire Feb. 3).
Gary Lynch, vice president/group publisher, design and publishing communities, F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company, says, "HOW Design Live can be a life and career changing experience. It is an opportunity for creative professionals to immerse themselves for five days in creative inspiration, creative learning and be among other creative professionals. People wait years for the opportunity to attend and emerge with life-long friendships and new ways of thinking about their career and their work. I think the best way to describe the HOW Design Live experience is magical."
Over the course of five days at HOW Design Live, industry icons distill the most important lessons they've learned in their careers into concrete advice and inspiration. HOW Design Live 2015 keynote presenters include:
- Philippe Apeioig, graphic designer, Studio Philippe Apeloig
- Michael Bierut (@michaelbierut), partner, Pentagram
- Matteo Bologna (@mrmucca), founder and creative director, Mucca Design
- Dr. Brené Brown (@BreneBrown), research professor, The University of Houston
- Aaron Draplin (@Draplin), sole proprietor, Draplin Design Co. / Field Notes
- Jessica Helfand (@jessicahelfand), partner, Winterhouse Studios
- Michael Hendrix (@rmichael), partner, IDEO
- Tom Peters (@tom_peters), author
- Karim Rashid (@karim_design), president, Karim Rashid, Inc.
- Tina Roth Eisenberg (@swissmiss), founder, swissmiss
- Paula Scher, partner, Pentagram (@pentagram)
- Adrian Shaughnessy, designer, writer, educator and publisher, Unit Editions (@uniteditions)
- Simon Sinek (@simonsinek), author
- Jessica Walsh (@jessicawalsh), partner, Sagmeister & Walsh
HOW Conference Program
HOW Design Live offers both the inspiration to rekindle one's passion for creative work, plus the tactical, take-home information needed to achieve and advance a career. HOW has its finger on the pulse of the creative industry and delivers practical sessions that address current challenges. The event is divided into five programs, each with a specific focus. Attendees can customize their personal agenda by picking the sessions, workshops and social events that help fulfill their goals. The five programs include:
- HOW Design – covering everything from working with clients to choosing type to staying creative on demand. Attendees will discover new skills and processes to supercharge creativity.
- Dieline Package Design – packed with best practices and case studies from top brands, designed to develop strategic skills, taking attendees' branding expertise to the next level.
- HOW Leadership – bursting with effective leaders, creatives, authors and business folks – those who are shaping the future of design. These sessions will build attendees' personal leadership mantras.
- In-House Management – led by long-time in-house team managers, this program offers insights on business, communication, creative and leadership skills, to help attendees produce their best work.
- Creative Business – offering expert guidance on creating a business action plan, pricing work, cultivating a strong client base, and finding all the resources needed to run a successful business.
About F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company
F+W, the company behind HOW Design Live, is an enthusiast-focused Content and eCommerce company, serving 20 Million consumers annually via the Company's print portfolio, ecommerce stores, extensive online education programs, trade and consumer events, popular consumer catalog brands, nationally-broadcast TV programs and more, all in service of passionate niche communities of professionals. (fwcommunity.com)
SOURCE F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company