ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- HSN, the multi-channel retailer that pioneered the electronic retail industry, is celebrating 35 years this July with a month filled with exciting contests, ultimate shopping experiences, exclusive events and celebrity premieres, including new collections from Randy Jackson, Rachel Roy, and Shannon and Sophie Tweed-Simmons.
The month of July will feature "HSN All Access" virtual birthday parties on HSN's Facebook page, giving fans an inside look at the lives of Randy Jackson and Iman as well as HSN hosts Colleen Lopez, Amy Morrison, and many other HSN favorites. HSN Mobile users will also have insider access to Nate Berkus and Rachel Roy as they participate in special mobile-only "Livechat" sessions where they will answer questions and share their thoughts and inspirations behind their HSN lines.
Throughout July, HSN will debut exclusive launches from some of the biggest names and trusted authorities in fashion, beauty, jewelry and entertainment, including:
- LORAC: Hollywood make-up artist and red carpet authority, Carol Shaw, will kick off the month with the brand's launch on July 3. LORAC is about versatility and inspiration - with expert results and includes skin-perfecting powders, luminizing lotions, and gorgeous seasonal color pallets.
- label Rachel Roy: One of the most accomplished designers in fashion today, accomplished designer and CFDA member Rachel Roy will appear live on HSN for the exclusive launch of her new capsule collection, label Rachel Roy, on July 7. Highlights of the collection include: satin and jersey dresses in the season's hottest prints; a round-toe wedge pump available in five different colors and patterns including indigo ikat and black/khaki leopard print; other pieces include a clutch, satchel bag and tote in the season's best pop colors and statement jewelry to compliment any look.
- Judith Light Jewelry Collection Premier: Recent Tony winner, Judith Light, will introduce her new, exclusive jewelry line on July 13 featuring statement cocktail rings and innovative, beautiful pieces inspired by nature.
- Timepieces by Randy Jackson: On July 20, Grammy Award-winning producer, music manager and American Idol judge, Randy Jackson, will launch Timepieces by Randy Jackson, an exclusive collection of luxury, high quality and on-trend watches. The collection includes contemporary classic styles as well as Automatics, Sport, Ceramic, Couture and Limited Edition pieces. Unique style elements include diamonds, colored dials, and beautiful Swarovski crystals.
- Shannon and Sophie's Jewel Box: Rounding out the month, Shannon and Sophie Tweed-Simmons - wife and daughter of music legend Gene Simmons - will launch their first ever collection of apparel and jewelry on HSN, July 30. The exclusive collection includes fun and trendy statement necklaces and fashion pieces that mother and daughter both love but wear different ways.
Helping HSN celebrate its birthday in grand style, the multi-channel retailer is partnering with the leading innovator in cruise travel, Norwegian Cruise Line to offer the "Cruise a Day Giveaway" where HSN customers will have the opportunity to win a cruise each day in the month of July. Customers can enter several times a day by visiting the HSN Arcade, a place to shop, watch and play casual online games.
All month long, customers can play to win a cruise for two plus airfare to a variety of exotic destinations including Hawaii, Alaska, Europe, Bermuda, Bahamas, and the Caribbean. Winners will be announced each evening on HSN at 8 p.m. (EDT).
For more information on the "Cruise-a-day Giveaway" or any of the HSN Birthday festivities visit HSN.com or join the conversation @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
HSN is a leading interactive multichannel retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts live to 96 million households in the US in HD 24/7 and its website - hsn.com - is a top 10 most trafficked e-commerce site, featuring more than 16,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, founded 35 years ago as the first shopping network, is an operating segment of HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSNI). For more information, please visit HSN.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
About Norwegian Cruise Line:
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 45-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which has revolutionized the industry by allowing guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites consumers to "Cruise Like a Norwegian" on one of its 11 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. The Company has two 4,000-passenger vessels, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, on order for delivery in April 2013 and April 2014. Norwegian's largest and most innovative Freestyle Cruising ship, Norwegian Epic, debuted in June 2010 and has been named "Best Overall Cruise Ship" by the readers of Travel Weekly. Norwegian Cruise Line is the official cruise line of Blue Man Group, appearing for the first time at sea on Norwegian Epic, as well as the official cruise line of Legends in Concert, Second City® Comedy Troupe, Howl at the Moon Dueling Pianos, and Nickelodeon, the number-one entertainment brand for kids. Cirque Dreams™ & Dinner is also featured on board Norwegian Epic as the first show of its kind at sea under a big top.