SINGAPORE, September 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ICIS, the global commodity market intelligence provider, has further expanded its extensive pricing coverage for liquefied natural gas (LNG) to include Egypt and Mexico spot DES (delivered ex-ship) prices, a northwest Europe FOB (free on board) reload assessment and the ICIS MENAX, a new regional index for Egypt, Kuwait and Dubai.
These changes have been made in light of shifting global LNG market dynamics:
- A chronic lack of domestic gas supply has transformed Egypt into a significant buyer of LNG. This is expected to continue over the mid-term as the country's second import terminal becomes operational in late 2015.
- Mexico promises to become the most dynamic energy market in the Americas, as the country continues its path towards privatisation and cargoes are sought for the east coast terminal to support gas-fired power generation.
- Northwest Europe has recently overtaken Spain as the key supplier of reload cargoes from Europe. Reloads have started from the British Grain terminal, and as the European markets expect to receive more LNG from the soon-to-export US, the northwest Europe number gives you visibility on this increasingly active reload market.
"To ensure our subscribers gain visibility and transparency on these developing markets, ICIS has enhanced its reports to equip you with the pricing data you need when navigating through emerging LNG markets," says Ed Cox, ICIS Global LNG editor.
In addition to these new assessments, ICIS has also introduced a new regional price index - the ICIS Middle East and North African Index (MENAX). The ICIS MENAX is a unique LNG price point, providing users with a daily tradable price for spot LNG delivered into Middle East and north Africa. It is calculated using an arithmetic average of the DES front month and second month ahead assessments for Egypt, Kuwait and Dubai.
The location of the Middle East and Egyptian LNG import markets between the Atlantic and Pacific basins provides an increasingly important demand centre away from core Asian and Americas markets. ICIS is pooling liquidity across Egypt, Dubai and Kuwait in the MENAX index, to provide a vital reference for those taking a position in the region, which can be compared to ICIS' other global indices.
Subscribers to our LNG markets report can now gain access to this new pricing data, as well as:
- 24 country-by-country DES prices for the world's busiest LNG destinations
- 8 FOB prices for key producing regions
- Northwest Europe and Spain FOB reload price assessments
- East Asia index - calculated using Japan, South Korea, China and Taiwan prices
- 4 other regional indices - South America, the Mediterranean, northwest Europe and Iberia, Middle East and north Africa
- Historical prices (from 2010), downloadable via the ICIS Dashboard
- In-depth weekly coverage of the Australian LNG market
- LNG charter rates and shipping costs for both steam and tri-fuel diesel electric (TFDE)
- News and trading activity - bids, tenders, negotiations and confirmed deals
- Weekly round-up and expert analysis
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years' experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Milan, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Yantai, Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS's staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication. ICIS has a compliance framework that along with its methodologies and business processes adheres to the requirements of the IOSCO PRA Principles.
ICIS is a division of Reed Business Information, part of RELX Group plc.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries. http://www.reedbusiness.com
About RELX Group:
RELX Group is a world‐leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries. The group employs about 28,500 people of whom half are in North America. RELX PLC, the London Stock Exchange listed shareholding vehicle, holds 52.9% of the shares in RELX Group. RELX NV, the Amsterdam Stock Exchange listed shareholding vehicle, holds 47.1% of the shares in RELX Group. The shares are traded on the London, Amsterdam and New York Stock Exchanges using the following ticker symbols: London: REL; Amsterdam: REN; New York: RELX and RENX. The total market capitalisation is approximately €28.6bn/£21bn. http://www.relxgroup.com
For further information, please contact:
Marketing Manager, ICIS
Email: [email protected]