Iconic Television Show "Wall Street Week" To Make Its Comeback April 19, 2015
SkyBridge Capital Founder Anthony Scaramucci to Host Sunday Morning Show; "Wall Street Week" to Set the Agenda for the Week Ahead
Feb 23, 2015, 04:30 ET
NEW YORK, Feb. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- SkyBridge Capital, a global investment firm and producer of the SALT Conference, today announced on behalf of its media affiliate that the much anticipated revival of the most powerful name in financial television – "Wall Street Week" – will make its comeback on Sunday, April 19, 2015. Hosted by SkyBridge founder Anthony Scaramucci and developed by a SkyBridge capital affiliate, "Wall Street Week" (WSW) will air for one half-hour every Sunday morning on local television stations in major U.S. markets including New York City, Washington D.C., Chicago and San Francisco. It will also be streamed for global viewing on WallStreetWeek.com.
WSW will feature the world's leading investors, CEOs, policy-makers and other top names in finance as one-on-one guests and in panel discussions to share critical insights on the biggest stories impacting the global capital markets and economies. Originally hosted by Louis Rukeyser, WSW was a must-watch program on PBS each Friday night for 35 years (1970-2005). At its peak, the show aired on more than 300 stations nationwide. SkyBridge announced in May 2014 that it licensed the rights to WSW from Maryland Public Television.
"There is a critical need to better educate Americans about investing and wealth creation, and to bridge the gaps between Washington, Wall Street and Main Street," said Anthony Scaramucci. "We are excited about the unique opportunity to do this through 'Wall Street Week.' While a lot of thought and development has gone into the revival of the program, maintaining the essence and purpose of this iconic show has been almost effortless given it is a natural extension of the programming, personalities and perspectives presented at the firm's SALT Conference each year."
In addition to the show's development team led by SkyBridge's Susan Krakower and Raymond Borelli, both former CNBC executives, WSW's editorial content will be guided by an Advisory Board comprised of prestigious financial industry leaders, including:
- Larry Altman, Portfolio Manager, CBD Trading
- Michael Cahill, Founder & Portfolio Manager, Crispin Capital Management
- Robert Castrignano, Principal, Sandler O'Neill
- Leon Cooperman, Founder, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Omega Advisors
- Mary Callahan Erdoes, Chief Executive Officer, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Mark Fisher, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, MBF Clearing Corp.
- Mario Gabelli, Founder, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Gabelli Asset Management
- Joseph Grano, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Centurion Holdings
- Gary Kaminsky, Vice Chairman, Morgan Stanley
- Marc Lasry, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Avenue Capital Group
- Georgette Mosbacher, Chief Executive Officer, Borghese
- Raymond Nolte, Co-Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer, SkyBridge Capital
- Liz Ann Sonders, Chief Investment Strategist, Charles Schwab
- George Walker, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Neuberger Berman
- Jay Zises, Investor
Featured guests will be announced in the weeks just ahead of launch and leading up to every episode. For further information about programming, sponsorship opportunities or guest bookings, visit www.wallstreetweek.com or email [email protected].
"Wall Street Week" is presented by an affiliate of SkyBridge Capital, a global alternative investment firm with approximately $12.5 billion in assets under management or advisement as of December 31, 2014. The firm applies a diversified investment approach, looking across various themes, strategies and asset classes in real time. SkyBridge Capital's range of investment offerings for institutional and multidiscipline investors include commingled funds of hedge funds products, customized separate account portfolios, hedge fund advisory services and a long-only mutual fund. In addition to its investment business, SkyBridge produces the SALT Conference, the global investment management industry's premier thought leadership forum and power networking event. SkyBridge is headquartered in New York and also has a presence in Zürich, Switzerland.
SOURCE SkyBridge Capital
Share this article