MUMBAI, January 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
This report presents the findings from a survey of 113 pharmaceutical companies regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how pharmaceutical companies currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
- Survey of 113 pharmaceutical companies highlights that X% of respondents anticipate an increase in their ICT budgets in 2014, which is an increase of X% compared to 2013.
- Pharmaceutical companies are planning to invest X% of their external ICT budgets in hardware, software, and IT services in 2014, which is more than the combined allocation in 2013 (X%).
- Pharmaceutical companies are allocating the highest proportion of their software budgets to application lifecycle management (X%) followed by enterprise applications (X%) and information management (X%) in 2013.
Request for Sample Page:
The report illustrates the core technologies enterprises are investing in, including business intelligence, content management, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach adopted by the pharmaceutical companies to purchase technology. The report aims to provide better insight to ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to pharmaceutical companies.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Understand how ICT budgets are set to change in 2014 in terms of their overall size.
- Appreciate how IT budgets are allocated across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting.
- Learn how IT money is being spent in areas such as the data centre, applications, IT management and the network.
- Gain an understanding regarding which ICT functions pharmaceutical companies are interested in outsourcing.
- Identify pharmaceutical companies' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, content management and cloud computing.
- Learn about the drivers that are influencing pharmaceutical companies' investments in each technology category.
- Establish how pharmaceutical companies IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
- Gain insight into how pharmaceutical companies plan to change their ICT budget allocations across various segments within a technology category.
- Understand the vendor mindshare for various core and advanced technology categories.
- Provides insight into pharmaceutical companies' preferred buying approaches.
- Comprehend the business and IT objectives that pharmaceutical companies are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies.
- Understand the factors that are influencing pharmaceutical companies' decision to select an ICT provider.
Table of Contents
- Trends in ICT budgets
- Survey demographics
- ICT budget changes
- ICT budget allocation by core technology area
- Hardware budget breakdown
- Software budget breakdowns
- Third party IT services expenditure
- Telecommunications budget
- ICT budget allocation by function
- Outsourced IT functions
- ICT investment priorities and vendor mindshare
- Business intelligence
- Content management
- Cloud computing
- ICT procurement trends
- Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
- IT objectives influencing IT investment strategy
- ICT provider selection
- Sector-specific trends
- IT spending plans for specific business areas
- Business areas receiving the largest investments
- Business challenges
- Pharmaceuticals are increasingly focusing on IT to remain competitive in the market
- Further reading
- Contact the authors
- Tibco Spotfire
- Information Builders
- Open Text
- Amazon web services
- Deutsche Telekom/T-Systems
- Opportunity in the Indian Information Technology (IT) Managed Services Market - 2014 : Market size, Market share, Market landscape, Market trend analysis, Growth drivers, Future opportunity, Future forecast
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends for February 2014 in Pharmaceuticals
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
Bharat Book Bureau
India: +91-22-27810772, 27810773
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau